Do any ex JW' s/ God believer's, Agnostics or Atheists believe in Karma? And WHY?

by rip van winkle 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Karma in hinduism is cause and effect.

In buddhism karma means cyclical thought pattern.

It's a kind of vice of mind, you use meditation to be aware of some kind of recurrent thoughts and feelings that come to your mind without your conscious will. The karma can be easily spotted in situations when you react in an automatic way.

The objective of buddhism is to train you mind until you have full control upon your karma. Because the natural manifestation of karma is one of the sources of suffering or insatisfaction.

I do not believe in this, I just accept as an ancient decent psychological explanation.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

"Any Shirley Maclaine's in the jwn house? Someone who remembers their past life as a beautiful Egyptian princess or Samurai Warrior?"

I've always noticed that when people talk about their previous lives, it always seems to be that they were someone grand. I never heard of someone who was say, a quarry slave or a farmer.

• mynameislame
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

I used to sort of believe in reincarnation and karma but then I used to be a JW but now i don't know what to think.

In the 70's I had a sweetheart dog named karma she was a beagle,basset,collie springer spaniel mix and she was a doll still miss her.

• rocketman
    rocketman

As an agnostic, I don't believe in Karma. That's not to say that there isn't some 'payback', some 'what-goes-around' and 'repaing what you sow'. But I think that while examples of it are related by people, there are many instances where it never happens.

We hear stories of it happening, of someone getting their just due, and yes, we think it's true. But I think it's random. It happens to some, but not to others. We just happen to hear about the cases in which it did happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit