what if

by raven101 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• COMF
    COMF

This one's right up there with "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?"

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

• dedalus
    dedalus

LOL @ COMF!

Dedalus

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, according for his first 30 years, Jesus only knew he was the Christ because other people told him he was, his mother, his stepfather, his uncle and aunt.

According to the Bible, Jesus didn't remember anything about his previous life in heaven and why he came until he was baptized with the holy spirit when he was 30.

The question is now, is someone else telling you, you're the Christ?

• raven101
    raven101

Introspection,

You're good, you're goooood . . . actually I'm looking at it from a combination of those viewpoints and a few more (among others physics, and some mathematical equational reasoning).

You are good, and i mean that in the best relative way.

Blondie,

Yes I actually hear it a lot . . . mostly from the birds.

raven101

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Fixated on "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?"]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• circe2
    circe2
    ideas by their very nature ARE relative, and by clinging to them they can never possess the truth, as even abstract concepts expressed through tools like language only POINTS to the absolute truth, AT BEST.

Kind of like "the finger pointing at the moon".

Western religion has a tendancy to focus on the finger (no wise cracks here please), instead of the moon.

All religion points to "the moon": God, Ultimate Conciousness, whatever.

There are many paths to get there, but personally, I find the concept of non-dualism the most fascinating.

Dang I love Eastern philosophy!

circe

• maynard
    maynard

Blondie

According to the Bible, Jesus didn't remember anything about his previous life in heaven and why he came until he was baptized with the holy spirit when he was 30.

I would be interested to know what bible scripture you are refering to.
    Blessings
    Maynard

• blondie
    blondie

Good call, Maynard. I guess you can take yourself out of the Watchtower but it takes a little longer to take the Watchtower thinking out of yourself.

That is one of the WTS educated guesses based on the "fact" that nothing is recorded in the Bible of Jesus talking about his life in heaven until his baptism when the holy spirit supposedly revealed it all to him.

I will adjust my thinking. Thanks.

• maynard
    maynard
    I guess you can take yourself out of the Watchtower but it takes a little longer to take the Watchtower thinking out of yourself.

I know the feeling.
    Blessings to you
    Maynard

• COMF
    COMF

nothing is recorded in the Bible of Jesus talking about his life in heaven until his baptism

Doesn't the visit to the temple at age 12 count? On the trip back they realized Jesus was missing, and when they found him in the temple he said, "Didn't you know I must be in the house of my father?"

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit