Sudden Rash of JW Apologists

by NeonMadman 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Hey WT boys, your pants are down, and no one likes what they see.

Yeah a wrinkled old butt. Yuck

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

To dungbeetle: I fill in the magazines, return calls etc., but not the hours. That makes them wonder ........ My reasons? Because I'm not into "comparision with others", and that includes the national average.

• troubled
    troubled

OldHippie,

Interesting you should mention your approach to reporting time. My husband and I have been discussing our discomfort with reporting time. We understand why the Society wants to keep track of how the work is going in different parts of the earth. But we also realize how easy it is for folks (including me!) to become focused on "getting in time," when we need to stay focused on people.

We've been considering ways to approach the monthly time report issue. The last two months, we went out a couple of times but didn't turn in a slip. Your idea might work for us. Or we may just tell the brothers we'd rather not report the time, but "not let our right hand know what our left is doing."

To SYN: Good idea. Don't respond to JWs. Conversing at length with someone who resorts to putdowns and spitefulness would be a misuse of my own valuable time as well.

• troubled
    troubled

to top

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy y'all,

Lol.......I stopped turning in time slips for about 2 yrs before I actually stopped attending - so did my husband. No one ever approached us about it - we were considered to be "stiff-necked."

As for jw's coming to the forum - great. JW's (which used to include me) come to the net with a chip on the shoulder for the most part. I did. I was a fence-sitter - and wouldn't come off on either side until I was ready. And nobody made me choose. A marvelous freedom to read, think, discuss, argue. Cherish it!!!!!!

But for the likes of Hilda et al? Those types of persons take a thread, and then someone responds - she baits them, they bait her.....several GOOD threads have been taken & lost.

It's not worth pages of posts to her type of poster - the good topic of the original thread is lost. And I'd suspect that's her intention, eh?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit