Sudden Rash of JW Apologists

by NeonMadman 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Am I the only one who sees it as a bit odd that a large number of JW apologists has suddenly come out of the woodwork on this board to defend the actions of the Watchtower Society toward Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson and the Pandelos? For the longest time, virtually the only ones on this board who advocated an essentially orthodox JW viewpoint were You Know and nytelecom/MavMan (though each of them could easily be classed with us "apostates" if the Watchtower knew of their disagreements with the party line).

But suddenly, we have a bunch of totally loyal, utterly doctrinaire JW apologists posting almost exclusively on threads related to the pedophile issue. Most of them are taking next to impossible positions from any reasonable standpoint. Nearly all of them have demonstrated that they have no qualms about lying blatantly in defense of the Watchtower. What's going on here?

I have to say it, folks: I think the criminals in Brooklyn who run the Watchtower have sent their minions out among us to create as much confusion about the issue as possible. They are out here to spread lies, and to stir up the dust, so that any inquirers who might be looking here for information as to what is really going on with Bill, Barbara and the Pandelos will not be able to see how loathsome the Watchtower's behavior in this matter is.

I'm not even sure what to think our best response might be. Those of us who can clearly see the evil that the Watchtower is perpetrating in this case should be concerned about the damage they can do, but I'm not sure that responding to them is really constructive at this point. I am inclined to think, perhaps now more than ever, the watchword ought to be: DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!

If I had to guess, I'd bet we'll never hear from any of them again once this furor over pedophilia and the Dateline story dies down. Unless, of course, what they do actually produces good results for the Watchtower. How do we prevent that from happening?

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • amac
    amac
    a large number of JW apologists has suddenly come out of the woodwork on this board to defend the actions of the Watchtower Society toward Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson and the Pandelos?

I've only seen a couple, but then again I skip a lot of posts. I may be labeled as one but I certainly shouldn't be labeled as a "totally loyal, utterly doctrinaire JW apologists posting almost exclusively on threads related to the pedophile issue."

• waiting
    waiting

Hi Neon,

Quote: I think the criminals in Brooklyn who run the Watchtower have sent their minions out among us to create as much confusion about the issue as possible. They are out here to spread lies, and to stir up the dust,

I agree for the most part. I think that the posters who are trying to answer them honestly are giving an excellent anti-jw witness. But the problem is - a couple of these new jw warmongers are manipulative and not interested in real information.

When that becomes obvious - or the person is just obviously trolling and/or stupid, one should stand firm and

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!!

Insipid bickering just ruins our board. Take back the good threads that some of these trolls are trying to ruin. It's their agenda to destroy free TRUTHFUL information about the WTBTS.

Some good posters waste their time yapping with these trolls - and don't bother to respond to thoughtful posts. Again - the troll wins and the WT agenda succeeds!

waiting

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Noenmadman,

I agree, WT trolls are definitely here. Don't feed the trolls is a good idea, however sometimes they just piss you off, if you know what I mean. It must be considered "theocratic warfare" to come here to this site and then lie about any knowledge of the Dateline/WT/pedophile issue.

Hey WT boys, your pants are down, and no one likes what they see.

HCM

• metatron
    metatron

In one respect, their comments together with the public
    statements made by Brown are very encouraging.

I see an almost total abandonment of ideology - they defend
    the Watchtower like paid corporate whores - and not like
    strict religious moralists. Consider that Brown and friends
    could just remain silent and ride it out. Yet, their eagerness
    to lie and develop 'anything goes' defenses for Watchtower
    behavior tells you that the ideology is dead at the top.
    It's not much different from Soviet history when the leadership
    lost faith in the system while pretending otherwise.

metatron

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Watchtower has everything to gain and nothing to lose by diverting attention away from the Rodriguez/Berry lawsuits.

Going after the Fearless Foursome is not costing Watchtower anything at the moment. A little postage maybe. (That may change as converts and donations dry up, as well as JW's themselves leaving in near-hemorrhage numbers. But that will be later).

But those lawsuits are going to cost them plenty. The cases are not winnable by Watchtower because, if I understand correctly, the acts took place in a mandated reporting state and the reports were not made. In at least Erica's case, the person who finally made the report to the authorities WAS disfellowshiped, and the same may be true in the Berrys' case. This lawsuit is a no-brainer.

So far it seems to be working. right now ALL the hoopla is on the Anderson, Bowen, and Pandelo families and the victims are WAY WAY WAY in the background.

Bill had the right idea. Almost Immediately he organized for the candlelight vigil for Silentlambs; directing attention toward the victims that Watchtower wants to silence. But what page do you think we have allowed that to wind up on?

The Watchtower pedophile apologists have managed, with the assistance of some of our most outspoken members here, to get threads and threads and posts and posts directed toward PEDOPHILES and AWAY FROM THE VICTIMS/SURVIVORS. Quite an accomplishment.

I personally am not too happy when I envision Bethelites sitting at their computer desks and laughing non-stop over how successful their policy has been so far.

The solution?

Stop being manipulated in the first place into doctrinal arguments by these person/persons that DETRACT from the issues of Silentlambs and Batteredlambs.

REDIRECT these trolls' attention back to the victims'survivors WHERE IT BELONGS. Whatever the subject is, mention something about vicitms/survivors on every post or thread. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE VICTIMS/SURVIVORS, not how many friggin' pedophiles there really may be in the world... geez, don't let these trolls manipulate our board this way.

just my 1/2 worth.

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• no one
    no one

If the posts that others make go unanswered, might that not encourage them to post elsewhere that their challenges/statements/whatever went unanswered here and encourage others to appear and post more BS?

Would it not be better to wade thru the BS and continue to respond?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Have noticed these attacks on Bill and company. And I think there may be a JW apologist or two here, as well.

My thoughts. First, I'm glad Simon decided to leave the posts on the board. They should be allowed here. Does any one of us want to go back to where someone else decides whether we can listen to the arguments of "opposers?" NOT ME.

PLEASE let's allow the continued free flow of ideas from all sides.

Some of these apologists are simply presenting stupid arguments, which does nothing to harm the cause of showing the WTS for what it truly is. Other arguments make sense, and should be fairly debated.

I don't picture any Bethelites sitting over their computers and gloating about this. If anything, these discussions have just continued the spiral downward that the WTS is currently "enjoying." Are there any really thinking people here that are "confused" by most of this nonsense? I hardly doubt it.

And finally, let the debaters and apologists come. Im the last few years I've seen many of those who came here to show us horrible apostates the error of our ways end up out of "the Truth" and in the real truth.

And all of us have the option of simply ignoring them if that's what we want to do. Personally, that's the course I've preferred with most of them this week.

S4

• no one
    no one

Seeker4,

Have noticed these attacks on Bill and company. And I think there may be a JW apologist or two here, as well.
    Having perused the list of posters til this point, an 'apologist' might be assigned to 'amac' who has identified his/herself as JW, although I don't think of 'amac' as an apologist.

Your phrase 'or two' seems to point to me since the other posters are well-established. Sorry if my 'newbie' status set off an alarm for you.

Strange how when I was in the org, I was challenged as being 'apostate' by 'elders'. Now that I'm out, I'm being challenged by an ex-'elder' as being an apologist. Wonderful!!!

Thought here would be a safe haven from this type of BS.

I'm sorry. I apologize. Please forgive me. My mistake......

Apologetic enough for you?

• amac
    amac

No one,
    I don't think Seeker was referring to you. I think Seeker meant on the board there are a couple of apologists.

I could definitely be considered an apologist, since I'm often defending the WT. However, I am not a fully active witness. I am agnostic and keep my witness status for family and friends.

I have disagreed with Bill and had arguments with him in his threads, but I don't think I've ever attacked him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit