Power taken from the Annointed?

by thedepressedsoul 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Before the recent change, Faithful and Discreet Slave represented every anointed individual that partook. Anyone who was or claimed to be anointed was part of this Faithful class. However, a problem arose with this. If all anointed and those who claimed to be anointed were part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, it gave them a term of power. They could technically give their own thoughts and reasoning on scriptures along with teachings. They were part of providing spiritual food to others. They could write letters to the branch about certain teachings, they could teach those in the congregation their thoughts and interpretation on scriptures. Do you see how this could become a problem? The branch or GB does not have full power with this understanding in place.

Something needed to be done. Somehow they needed to take the type of power that all Anointed had and give it to the GB exclusively. How would that be done? They needed to change who the Faithful and Discreet Slave was! If it no longer applied to all anointed they could no longer give that "food" or their own thoughts without raising eye brows. So how do we transfer all this power to only the GB and take it away from all anointed?

The Faithful and Discreet Slave are now only those who are part of the Governing Body! Individually they are the Faithful and Discreet Slave but when they come together they are the GB. Only they can now give the food at the proper time. All other anointed now have to go along with what the GB says and only give the GB interpretation of the scriptures.

Power is now restored!

On a side note, is it hard for anyone else to login to this site? It takes me about 20 times before I get the security code right, it is very hard to see what the letters are.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

I saw this coming a long way back.

Re, your last question - I never log out, so it's no problem for me.

Welcome aboard.

Sylvia

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Half the annointed are sisters, they had no power to begin with. I remember a comment at an assembly stating that these take the lead by following the direction of the GB.

• hoser
    hoser

with this latest teaching the governing body has placed themselves a little bit higher than the apostles and other bible writers.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Regarding the captcha It is odd because on all my browsers, except one, it is always easy to read numbers plus the little image.

I am wondering if they keep track of me and make it easier since they have seen me before. This seems to be the case anyplace I have to use a captcha.

Also on a side note you don't need to type in the little image that has lately looked like house numbers. If that is the letters you are having problems with.

The reCAPTCHA service supplies subscribing websites with images of words that optical character recognition (OCR) software has been unable to read. The subscribing websites (whose purposes are generally unrelated to the book digitization project) present these images for humans to decipher as CAPTCHA words, as part of their normal validation procedures. They then return the results to the reCAPTCHA service, which sends the results to the digitization projects.

Does Simon get paid for that? If so i'll start entering them otherwise if I'm not getting paid I'm not helping out :-)

Are any of the FDS even anointed anymore? From their own rules that isn't likely. That does seem to be quite a problem for them. How do they justfiy it? I guess i never much paid attention to it when I was in so maybe it has never been the case.

• humbled
    humbled

The last time I talked to the elders I asked them how any of the anointed could fulfill the description of their relationship to Jesus as set forth at REV. 14:4-5: "...these are the ones that keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes...and no falsehood was found in their mouths...."

Since, I told them, even the anointed have to follow the GB in Brooklynn just like a regular "sheep" they have a huge problem. Whether or not a non-GB teaching anointed believes that the Bethel Boyos have it right, THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW THE GB AND NOT FOLLOW JESUS---or else be disfellowshipped.

It has happened: Ray Franz

• a watcher
    a watcher

LOL NewYork! Even I have to laugh at this phrase:...these take the lead by following...

• a watcher
    a watcher

myname, ALL of the FDS are anointed.

• alanv
    alanv

The joke is that most of the decisions I'm sure are taken by other witnesses. It is a massive worldwide organisation with many different committees so the vast majority of changes or decisions are taken by others, most of whom do not even claim to be of the anointed.

• prologos
    prologos

I think it is the other way around, they are 1/8 st of the governing body each, but are the FADS only in unison.

the partakers never had any power to teach. ltters to brooklyn, were ignored, local teaching variety squelched. but:

doctrinal inconsistency put pressure on the fabulous top thinkers to make fresh light adjustements: eample 1934-5 termination of the heavenly calling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit