Jesus is his earthly name, Michael is his heavenly name

by bruh2012 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I know this topic has been discussed before on this forum, but as it goes in JW world we need reminders.

CO said in his last talk I can't remember the title in speaking about Jesus, that when Jesus returned to heaven he resumed his name Michael. Jesus was his earthly name.

Through the entire rest of the bible after his ressurection not one reference is made about this. Case in point----When Jesus oh wait Michael pulled Saul over and talked to him, he introduced his self as Jesus. Oh wait thats because Saul would have said "WHO"?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I like the Just So stories as well.

• Laika
    Laika

JWs have a very odd obsession with names don't they?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I had a thought about this topic last week after I read these verses in Daniel again:

(Daniel 10:13) "Mi´cha·el, one of the foremost princes, came to help me...". (Jesus - as the Word - wasn't the foremost prince?????)

(Daniel 12:1) "And during that time Mi´cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people........"

So if Jesus is Michael in heaven, then why will he been downgraded from king, to the status of a prince at the Great Tribulation???????

• pixel
    pixel

Great point The Searcher!

• Island Man
    Island Man

When was the last time you heard a brother ending a prayer from the platform saying" . . . in Michael's name, amen."?

One of you awake brothers on here who still has the privilege of praying at the meetings should try it and see what happens.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

CO said in his last talk I can't remember the title in speaking about Jesus, that when Jesus returned to heaven he resumed his name Michael. Jesus was his earthly name.

Completely impossible, Biblically speaking.

Rev 3:12: ‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

• Pronger1
    Pronger1

If this were true, why don't JWs end prayers "In Michael's name, amen."?

• Pronger1
    Pronger1

Dang.. Didn't read the whole thread. Island man beat me to it.

• Bells
    Bells

The whole Michael thing always confused me - but then I could never really be bothered to read the whole bible myself (and which version anyway...) to find out the truth.

Does any other religion teach that Michael and Jesus are the same? Or is it a 'point of difference' for the JW's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit