My Daughter Begins to Reason on Her Own About the Witnesses

by losingit 20 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

We celebrated my.birthday with a simple cake, her sister's birthday with a trip... The first major breakthrough was when she called her grandmother on her own to wish her a happy birthday. She had not said those 2 words to me or to her sister.

Yesterday was a great day, indeed.I've worked hard in this past year to bring a sense of normalcy in her life, despite all the challenges we've faced. It seems like 'normal' has set a firm footing in my home!

We are happy!

• Heaven
    Heaven

"And now I have the chance to reason and I see that a lot of the things that they say just don't make any sense."

Next step: looking at the foundation (aka Bible) this religion is based on and finding the same things.

• carla
  • KateWild
    KateWild

This is great news, thanks for sharing. It's so nice to have a nice happy family. I wish I could get that back again one day too. I have hope. Well done for your hard work and patience. Kate xx

• Island Man
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

How wonderful that your 9 y.o.daughter reasoned this all on her own at this young age. Pretty impressive. I've been trying to reason to a 30 y.o. and 40 y.o. without much success.

Let me know when she publishes her first book!!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Congrats! It shows that your on the right path to helping your daughter shake off the WTBTS teachings.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

That's so wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing..made my day.

• losingit
    losingit

Thanks everyone! I love that little girl to death. I'm so happy that she has a laundry list full of things she'd like to be when she grows up. All I want is to open as many doors of opportunity to both of my girls. This is a happy household, finally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit