Maybe moving! Need some advice

by Jon Preston 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• prologos
    prologos

The ocean is awesome at the est coast. coco beach is just at the end of the road from orlando. housing might be reasonable with nasa scaling down.

pick merritt island.

• snakeface
    snakeface

No! Don't listen to them! Write to the Society and request a list of "seldom worked territories". Then ask the elders to help you choose from that list.

Just kidding.

Lots of good advice in this thread.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was just in Tampa at Christmas time. Went out on Christmas day and watched dolphins whip around the bay as I stood on the pier with my husband. I loved it there. Not far from Orlando, but not too close. I'd take a couple weeks and do a road trip/vacation and explore the areas that look good for job opportunities for you. Or check with your HR dept about transfers that might be available there or elsewhere.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I live in the tampa area... if you need any info etc let me know

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Listen to snakeface he knows all the good spots to eat!!!!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Never lived there but spent a lot time all over the state. Gulf coast would be my pick.

Orlando ... no way, a suburb of Disney World and Universal, etc.

• pontoon
    pontoon

North of Tampa, Floral City an area known as "Old Florida," E me and I'll tell more and send pics.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My parents loved and wintered in cedar key for many years. It's way down near the bottom on the gulf, near the everglades on the coast. It's a sleepy town that did't yet get popular so it still has the old town feel. If you like that kind of thing. No state taxes in Fla either. Nice plus.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Prologos I am familiar with the area of Titusville, and coca, merrit island, and surrounding area. It was booming during the spave age, but flled with empty buildings now, and the area went downhill. My grandparents lived in Titusvville beause of the great deals on property, cost of living was low, and at the time it was not too depressed yet. I am not sure if it has revvovered in the last 8 or so years, but it is an area to be careful of. My uncle lived in coca, and another close area, I forget the name offhand. he worked as a retired mariene for the Cape. When shuttle were stillgoing off itwwas an awesome view. Playalinda beach is cmpletely nott natural, on;y somem porta a portties, and imean only some, you have to search for them. it is nice to see, but you have to watch out because some nudists decided it was a good place for a nude beach. Thed drive to that beach is a good 20 minutes through a preserve, another very interesting area.

I sugget really researching the area first but it is a great place otherwise. Not even an hour away from Orlando if you need flights or big city things. Tampa not so far either.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Fading and making a move away is a very good way to help break the bonds of being a Jehovah's Witness. Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit