A Dummy's Guide to the 'This generation' doctrine

by Honesty 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

maulboy: "PRETZEL LOGIC" good one!! or

generation like a MOEBIUS STRIP, endless on sided generation.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There was a recent WT that featured a story about a JW convert. It showed him with his present day JW family. The caption said " Brother So and So, and family. 4 generations of JWs" Something like that, I can't find it right now..

Whoever posts on that forum, just answer back with Job 42:16 " And Job continued living after this a hundred and forty years and came to see his sons and his grandsons—four generations."

Ask them who is right, GOD or the fallible GB??

DD

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

just answer back with Job 42:16 " And Job continued living after this a hundred and forty years and came to see his sons and his grandsons—four generations."

Ask them who is right, GOD or the fallible GB??

Awesome......you would think that scripture would shutdown any JW cultist trying to push the over-lapping generation nonsense. Thanks DD.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I've just waded in.

Stoopid overlapping crappiness!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

My head now hurts.....

It only seems to have bought them 10 years.

2024 brings the great tribulation by this time the youngest of the generation is 80..

Was this guy being sarcastic?

Priceless.
    I got it.
    So will everyone who reads the opening post.
    You don't know just how much you have helped people understand with this thread.

Here's his proof from the bible:

EX 1:6 Eventually Joseph died, and also all his brothers and all that generation.

I suppose the oldest brother may have been 40 years older than the youngest?

I like the judging icons at the top, 3 nuts, 2 funny and 2 spam

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Look carefully at the picture below and answer: How many generations do you see?

Say the first thing that comes to mind.

One "Overlapping Generation"

• If you said "One Overlapping Generation" then congratulations!!! You are a faithful Witness for Jehovah.
    • If you said "Four" then I'm sorry but I've got bad news, you are a "mentally diseased" apostate!
  • DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

my response:

"There is entirely no point quoting Watchtowers at me or telling me what you think is logic.

Here is the reality in the real world

A generation does not have to be all born in the same year.

If you think they do then you are retarded.

No I did not get that from the Watchtower Its common knowledge.

So if in apostate land a generation all have to be born in the same year then apostate land truly is a land of make believe"

1. The whole idea of quoting publications is to show you and anyone else reading this that there have been major changes to this "understanding" over time and there really isn't any point arguing for it because it will just change.
    2.the point everyone is trying to make is that the reason this "new light" came about was because the old light wasn't making sense anymore and the gb didn't want people to start questioning things
    2.you keep arguing against the fact that people in the same generation aren't born in the same year. No-one is saying that. You said it yourself, said that other people said it, then called them retarded(which btw isn't very nice amd I don't think the elders in your congregation would condone you insulting people)
    3.you mention common knowledge but common knowledge of what a word means is usually the dictionary definition. Which you're ignoring.
    4. If you think that it's just "apostates" that disagree with this stuff then why don't you try explaining how a generation works to someone who's never been a jw in the first place.
    5. Just a little thing to think about. The human population is increasing at a faster rate than the number of jws. So really, the longer God waits to start Armaggedon, the more people he's gonna have to kill for not becoming a jw when they had the chance.
    If you got this far down my post without sticking your fingers in your ears, burning the computer and singing kingdom songs while you wait for the 4 horsemen to come and kill all the apostates then thank you for reading.

it was a nice surprise to see DD and some people try to talk some sense into that guy i must admit

• Watchtower-Free
  • jam
    jam

The teaching of the borg is like the IRS tax guide.

This year you may use this for a deduction, you need a

expert to guide you through the mess.

This year the new teaching, forget what you were taught last year.

That's why the average JW sh--t on themselves when ask about

their doctrine, they have no idea what they believe.

Waiting on Jehovah is making them look very dumb.

The next time one come your door, ask about the generation

doctrine and watch them run like hell. You don't need a sign

NO JW, just ask them to explain their doctrine.

I'm still waiting for my ex-brother in law to come back to explain

the new generation crap. He has been a elder since 1966. LOL

• pixel
    pixel

That's WHY they don't want the R&F going to the university. They don't want the R&F putting their hands on a dictionary:

" the entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time."

"The term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit