Is this still their view about "Those resurrected"?

by Snoozy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Never Knew wrote:....but the married ones will remain married, right?

As far as I remember, only if they both live through the JW teaching of Armageddon. As the bible states, marriage ends with death. :(
    Subject to change..

Good point about the angels..probably because they aren't subject to armageddon..it must be something in the destruction/death/resurrection that wipes out their private parts and makes them useless..
    Can't help but wonder tho about the angels..what sex are they supposedly if they were chasing after the virgins.. ;)

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Crazy! right?

That is why people want to live through Armageddon because they are the only ones having sex!

Most JW do not understand this doctrine! I had to break the bad news with someone about marriage. He thought if he does not get married before he dies he will get married to a perfect woman after resurrection.

Before reinstatement he had plenty of sex but after reinstatement nothing! It is like a funny bad joke! And the JW are not interested in him! And most ignore him. Too funny!

• jws
    jws

When I was still in, my mother died and a few years later my dad remarried and I wondered who's going to be his wife in the resurrection. I was quoted Matthew 22:30

Matthew 22:30 - At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

So, it implies angels don't marry. So then why did God create them with sexual urges (like in Noah's Day when they came down to have sex with women)? What good are sexual urges if you don't have sex? That implies that angels are having sex in heaven, they just don't get married to do so. Isn't that fornication? Woo-hoo! Fornication in heaven!!!

Also..., it always seems as though the angels were men. So that also implies the sex going on in heaven is gay sex. At least until God converts women from earth.

Double standards. Fornication and gay sex is OK for angels, but gets you killed in ancient Israel?

• blondie
    blondie

Did angels have sex urges or a stronger urge for power, to be rulers, and to establish a dynasty of descendants? I think the angels watched men having power over others and did not want to be a cog in a big wheel.

• prologos
    prologos

wt argument was that Jesus was talking to people with an earthly hope/perspective, so the idea "like angels" refers to their sex/gender-less status, not their spirit nature.

old wt marriage vow: "-- or to the termination of the marriage arrangement--"

For angels to have sex, they needed to a) 'materialize' tm bodies and b) endow them with the male wherewithall, obviously the spirits observed that the male got more of a qquicker high, fervor than the females. so their choice was male, and can you imagine pregnant angels? not aerodynamic, and unable to take-off even with those 3 pair of wings?

caveat, just regurgiating old wt thinking. not endorsing the talking snake, nor the rest of it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Try to discuss this with a JW and they always reply with the age old conversation stopper:-

"We'll just have to wait and see!"

George

• jws
    jws

blondie said:

Did angels have sex urges or a stronger urge for power, to be rulers, and to establish a dynasty of descendants? I think the angels watched men having power over others and did not want to be a cog in a big wheel.

Well, according to Genesis:

Genesis 6: 1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

I know it's part of the Apocrypha, but the book of Enoch says:

Enoch 6: 1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.'

In both books it seems to indicate they were hot for the women. Genesis mentions the beauty of the women. Enoch does and says the angels lusted after the women.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, still the teaching but barely mentioned.

Men will be smooth like the Ken Doll and sit when they pee.

Rub a Dub

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Your right Blondie, angels did not have sex with women as the JWs taught.

• jws
    jws

That's not what Blondie said. She even mentions their descendants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit