JW vs Jehovah's Witnesses

by Da.Furious 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

But marketing teams always want the brand to distance itself from things that deter the consumer, so the name jehovah will not be used half as much as in the past.

Already in their public magazines and in suggested presentations for those "God" is used in preference it seems.

It seems to me to simply be a natural evolution. They have distanced themselves from Russell to a great degree. They have chucked jesus in to a back room somewhere. The next job is to let 1914 wither and die, and to distance themselves from Rutherford, an even bigger embarrassment than Russell.

At the same time the use of "jehovah" will become even rarer.

Eventually a new more mainstream brand will have emerged.

They will need to keep their "End Time" apocalyptic going though for the ones already inside, fear is all they have as a weapon to keep JW's in, but this message too will be far more hidden and the carrot of a "paradise earth" will be the screen that will hide the stick of Armageddon.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Great observation!

It reminds me of the Mormons calling themselves "LDS."

• Terry
    Terry

The man who invented the religion known as "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES," was Joseph Franklin Rutherford.

He is the same man who spread the message, "Religion is a Snare and a Racket."

That's right, RELIGION was the poison that caused the rot in the world.

Were Jehovah's Witnesses a "religion?" Hell no!

They called themselves the SOCIETY (aka: Watch Tower Bible and Tract SOCIETY.)

(Old Timers (like me) today, still refer to them that way.)

Oh-but wait!

Watch what happens . . .

Very soon, the Watch Tower's non-religion members found themselves trying to wiggle out of being drafted into the war.

Very soon, the Watch Tower Society needed to be recognized as Conscientious Objectors, and needed standing before the Courts of the land.

The Court would not recognize them--guess why?

They weren't a RELIGION and the exemptions under law were only for RELIGION.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Shot themselves in the foot!

So, what did Rutherford do?

He set his legal expertise on pleading before the Court TO BE RECOGNIZED as a RELIGION!

Game Change!

The fight was no longer between the Witnesses and Religion; it was between TRUE Relgion and FALSE Religion.

A simple grammatical shift solved the problem. (It also made Rutherford's "Religion is a snare and a Racket" very embarrassing!

Becoming a religion also meant Rutherford's financial dealings could be cloaked in secrecy and exempt from TAXES. Why?

Religion is tax exempt and no public accounting and disclosure is required.

Why do I bring this up? It also applies to the topic at hand.

The so-called "principles" of Jehovahs Witnesses can appear and disappear at will according

to whim. Interpretations of scripture suddenly flash into print and become solid TRUTH only to be quietly retired and replaced

when it is inconvenient to continue.

"JW" as a search term in the very competitive war between apostates and WTS followers is the most common search term.

To NOT self-identify is to turn all the curious minds over to the enemy who will expose all their nasty secrets.

• galaxie
    galaxie

They always bang on about emulating 1st cent xians, but when it boils down to it they cant resist the pull and influence of modernism, although they try to wrap it in a cloak of biblical justification for the rank & file who soak it up with relish.

Any xian from the 1st cent wouldn't have a clue what they were all about whether JW or Jehovahs witness, of course the 8 guys in New York would tell them where they are wrong of course!! HYPOCRITS!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

txt has introduced us to an abbreviated age. I mean, we've got JLo. Need I say more?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I thought many only used JW when typing but in verbal conversations many continued say Jehovah's witness. Sometimes I used to say to my daughter "Is he/she a witness?" or "Will there be other witnesses there?" But I haven't heard anyone saying JW, I have just seen it typed. Kate xx

• clarity
    clarity

Da.Furious ...hey nice to see you on here. Good question!

Personally...now I am out, after discovering that the jehovah's witness

society (my hands sweat just typing it out!) lies, deceives & just

makes sh$t up............I loathe using that name!

When I hear so many mumble these names, even from the platform,

ie. kitam hal (kingdom hall) and use JEHOVAH a dozen times in one

prayer....more like they have OCD ....not like they really believe it,

then I think jw or jw.org is a quick way to bypass the agony! lol

Jimbojones ......nice to have you here ..welcome!

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Btw, thank you for the fabulous list Searcher!

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Very interesting!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jeff, Phizz, Terry - MARVELOUS clarity in your posts, thanks!

I've always thought it was odd that the proclaimers book pointed out the "brave ones" picketing outside of churches with those "Religion is a Snare & a Racket" signs. We always believed we were IN a religion.

Sadly the jw org/wt is one of the biggest rackets there is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit