Oscar Pistorious

by LouBelle 29 Replies latest jw friends

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Sorry Loubelle, but white privileges do exist in South Africa. You are writing from the perspective of a white person who formed part of a class that benefited from apartheid for decades. Despite the so-called black empowerment, the SA economy is still largely controlled by whites. Denying that obvious truth would not change it in any way.

Yes, I happen to have family in SA and I do know a little bit of what I am talking about.

pc

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Thank God that business in South Africa is still under the present Status Quo -

[Its easy to throw little grenades from across the Indian Ocean - why did your family jump ship in the first place ? ]

Cos they were afraid of having to cede their "white empowered " status perhaps?

Moenie met my rond-F nie !

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hi loubelle

I'm following this case and have loads of questions. One question is that if an individual is going to blast away with a gun wouldn't he/she instinctively try and make sure that loved ones are accounted for and out of harm's way first?

btw I'm watching and loving masterchef SA.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Afrikanman,

Ignorance may be bliss to you, but facts are unassailable. Read up a little about your history, get some enlightenment, it will not hurt. Apartheid was not only white empowerment, it enslaved a whole people and found all sorts of reasons to legalize that enslavement.

As for throwing little grenades from across the Indian Ocean, that is pure hallucination!

pc

• krejames
    krejames

One thing I've learned is things portrayed in the media are rarely what they seem. Only one person knows what truly happened and that's Pistorious. Glad I'm not the one that has to judge - potentially someone innocent of murder being locked away for life or someone guilty of premeditated murder getting away lightly.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Prince Charming : No one has denied that the Whites had the power and still have = - read properly. - I actually acknowledge that. I suffered under apartheid too and spent 9 months in a military prison for that. I also benefitted from apartheid in the area of jobs - because of my pale skin - Very little I could do about that.

We have adopted black children in our family [Fact] so dont try to be my social conscience - right now this govt is riddled with corruption - but you dont live here - so please dont try to come across as the "expert' We are quite capable of dealing with ourselves. YOu need to get more enlightened !

______________________________Finis____________________________________OK !

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I dont want to detract from the fact that you addressed your remarks to the lady from KZN - LouBelle. Nevertheless just a brief comment:

Ruby 456 - The Prosecution right now is treading on thin ice - they dont have a strong factual base to argue from thus far. Its early days however. Nevertheless you make the point we all wonder about - Who in their right mind discharges a fire arm in the manner he claimed he did. Why did he use illegal bullets that cause catastrophic injuries [bear in mind the gruesome testimony of the pathologist was not permitted to be aired directly due to its graphic nature.

The testimony now emerging of his other illicit uses in public of the firearm - This lil boy is a loose cannon [no pun] Very dysfunctional - would not surprise me if he was on "stuff' or snorted "snow" or was on steroids.

Nevertheless - if this trial were to terminate now, he would walk. The defence advocate is doing an amazing job of casting doubt. That is fairly fascinating stuff.

Defence is also showing that many of the witnesses have altered their court testimony from that which they first declared in their initial statements - having drawn conclusions from "facts" appearing later in the media. He has stripped some of them due to that.

• barry
    barry

I just watched some footage of this case is it some pre trial going on? The judge and the lawyers have gowns on but they are not wearing the traditional wig.

It is very boring to watch give me Perry Mason anyday.

By the way Aficanman that cricket was spot on also winning was great.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Barry................bringing up the Cricket has just spoiled a good frienship !! We wuz slaughtered !!!

Wigs are not worn in our court system. And of course no jurors [ a good thing as emotion and sentiment dont play a judgement role]

Cant compare with the Perry Masons and LA Laws - this is however very real in every respect. Whether OP's retching display the other day was real or not - I cannot say.

Will now have to see how the Prosecution fares.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

princecharmant - you have taken this topic and tried to turn it into an apartheid thing - you may have family in SA BUT I actually live in South Africa.

To clarify - I have never benefited from apartheid. I have family that were effected by it because some of my family isn't white - so perhaps you should ask a few more questions or actually get to know me before you start sprouting stuff you have no clue about. I was never, have never been and never will be what you call a priviliged white. Plus evertything that I am talking about is in the NOW aspect, that being said I already know you are going to ignore everything and continue to point at me and shout 'white racist - you apartheid benefiter'

Now back to what the topic was originally about - Pistorious - some interesting things came out: The door has been tampered with * two watches were stolen from the crime scene - presumed to be by the police - there were pictures showing this (sometimes our police can be so dumb and just shoot themselves in the foot) * pictures showing a blood stained Pistorious * we have a paster saying "satan made him do it" * interpretors have been messing up once again and actually saying the wrong thing.

Personal thoughts: it must be difficult for three people to decide the fate of someone - a jury system would in my mind work better, you have more people to go over, to ponder, to debate....anyway, back to the courts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit