He Wants To Help Me

by LouBelle 22 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

Mess with him, LouBelle.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hey LouBelle! IF you decide to talk with this guy, bringing up the incomprehensible idea of overlapping generations is a good starting point. They changed 100 years of teaching with one little word, "apparently", in one paragraph of a regular weekly Watchtower Study. There really no justification or basis for this interpretation except they had to do something to extend "this generation" because the actual 1914 generation was rapidly dying out. They're grasping at straws.

One thing you might want to consider: according to officlal JW policy, lone elders are not supposed to be counseling "sisters" without at least one other elder present. Is it possible that this elder wants to "help" you because he's looking for an opportunity to get more "personal" if you spend time alone talking about things and you drop your guard? In other words, is it possible that he considers you "easy pickings" because you are now "worldly"? Some of these creeps make wild assumptions and would not hesitate to take advantage of a situation if they thought they could get away with it. Just sayin'...

I know you're a big girl and can well take care of yourself. You've proved that several times over. I just wanted to give you a heads up that there are wolves out there in elders' clothing.

Give 'em hell, girl!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey everyone, much good advice here ... as always.

He is a married man with 2 kids and TOTALLY not my type!! There is absolutely no chance I would even allow him to try take ad van tage! *vomit*

I don't think he realises that i was disfellowshipped for apostacy - THAT might make him change his mind. If he contacts me and wants to set something up, I think the advice of steering and controlling the conversation is spot on. I want to handle the direction we go in. And I'll more than likely lead with the generation thing first and see how he handles trying to prove that point from the bible.

Some other excellent suggestions too - Thanks guys!!!!

Ah at times like this I wish we could just have drink together, put some meat on the fire and chill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit