He Wants To Help Me

by LouBelle 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

So I just happened to bump into an elder today. A guy my age that I used to know. I was having a quick breakfast. He came over to ask if I had ever written a letter to be disassociated as a JW and what actually happened. I gave him a very brief breakdown.

He wants to sit down and go over my concerns.....in a way I want to do this - perhaps I could open his eyes or just get him to question stuff.

Only thing is I've been so out of it for so long that I don't even know where to start.

I mean I don't believe any of that stuff anymore - I don't even believe in god! so ja.

I was thinking of talking about the so called tacking tactics, the 100 year generation, the coverups - that kind of stuff. I did give him my number so I guess I'll wait and see what he wants to talk about.

• KateWild
    KateWild

You could ask him what the current thought is about the "generation". That way you are showing that there is always something changing in WT world, then you can talk about all the other nulite.

It's nice that you want to try and wake him up and it's nice that he cares about you. There are some really nice JWs out there.

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dearest Loubelle, if I was presented with such an opportunity I would wish to talk with such a person, only on a one to one basis.

It is not easy to do by any means, but one thing you can do is use a bit of JW Tactics on him, if you do not feel you know the best way to handle something he throws at you, then say "I will get back to you on that one". Then JWNers can help you out. (Don't forget to count this as a Return Visit LOL)

I think you will find that having been an active member and reading on here for as long as you have , you are far bettter equipped to deal with the guy than you imagine.

The old JW thing is turned around on them again, "You know much more than they do".

Good luck !

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

You gotta "fight fire with fire"!

If you were on the ministry and someone asked you a question, you'd automatically refer to the Bible.

So tell him about something which concerns you, e.g. only "heavenly hopers" are God's sons just now, and we've got to wait for over 1000 years from now to be so. Then show him the Bible's viewpoint; Matthew 6:9, Matthew 12:50, Matthew 13:38, Matthew 25:40, Mark 3:35, Luke 8:21, John 1:12,13, John 15:14, Romans 8:14, 1 John 5:1. These verse clearly show that Jesus was NOT talking about an elite few!

Or simply ask him if he believes the Org's false doctrine that a person's OWN death wipes out their sins! (based on Romans 6:7) Then ask him to read verses 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, & 11 to see that Paul was referring to a figurative dying to a sinful course. Otherwise, Christ's death was totally unnecessary!!!!!

Look forward to hearing your progress. Best wishes for your success.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Phizzy "Don't forget to count this as a return visit" LMAO!!!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Start with asking questions and leave it to him to give you a satisfactory answer from the Bible - not the literature. Ask him to explain the Generation teaching, and how it can be that the Generation of 1914 is now gone. Next question is for him to explain the current teaching of who the faithful and discrete slave is - again using the Bible to justify his answer. This should fill your visit.

• steve2
    steve2

It would be very unusual - and not in keeping with the organization's protocol - for him to meet with you one-to-one. Instead of possibly falling into the trap of answering his questions in the event he wants to meet alone with you, get him to clarify how he would like to help you (I.e.what is his purpose and intention?).I'd wonder how this kind of meeting could help you - and how vulnerable you are to his own purposes and/or intention. It sounds a little suspicious to me. Go with extreme care.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"He wants to help me". Why? It was a chance encounter....before that had he ever contacted you?

If he connects with you again perhaps you should ask him if he needs any help. Does he want to know what it's like to walk away from the JW religion?

If not I wouldn't put myself into that kind of conversation unless you were up for some sport at his expense.

By the way it's a good thing that you don't have any idea where to start.....you've moved way past that religion.

• Giordano
    Giordano

What Steve said.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ask him if he thinks you are being killed at the BIG A... If it was 1 on 1, I would show up with a folder of WT quotes and misquotes, grouped by subject. I would ask him which one he wants to discuss first. Don't cut him any slack either. He is supposed to be a "Star" of Revelation. Call him out nicely on all his BS. He has "the truth" after all, he should be able to defend it. If he can't, then why is he an Elder? He doesn't deserve the title.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit