Knock knock, they came by once again.

by jam 24 Replies latest forum suggestions

• jam
    jam

This morning (Sunday) I was cooking breakfast, while

the wife was sleeping (I'm a good husband). But anyway

two Elders , didn't have time to talk my bacon was burning.

A question for those of you that is still active. What kind of

records are kept on the householder today. Over the past

few years I would say over a half of the local congregation

have come to my door. I tell each one I was DF, it's not the

truth, it's a cult. I would think they would make a notation,

"there is no doubt this person is a hard core Apostate".

Back in the day we kept records on who were preachers, who

was a goat, how many dogs they had and etc.

I live in a small town by California standards, not a large

congregation in my area.

What's the deal with FS report slips??

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I asked five times, called and wrote a letter, they still knocked at my door. I gave another copy of my letter to the last guy that came by. (Which was a total expose the Watchtower thing, he he)Still, he seemed to not want to leave until I said I was apostate. Bingo! He couldn't get off my porch fast enough and they haven't been by since. It's the magic get the JWs away word.

• jam
    jam

So that's the key, tell them you are a Apostate. LOL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve had a sign at the front door.....JW`s still knock..

.................I`m begining to think....

....A WBT$ Education means "You Can`t Read"..

............................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• jam
    jam

They can not read , hear or understand.

The Holy Spirit have made them dumb, my

mistake the GB have made the dumb.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Two elders so sorry! Prior to leaving, did they shake their feet off!

If they didn't shake their feet they will be back. They were so rude to me and I didn't do anything! Just said I could not firlgure out Christianity timeline:Jesus up today! I guess that marked me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ineptitude.

Don't let your bacon burn.

Love your wife.

They're idiots.

• blondie
    blondie

We've been inactive for 12 years...but no explanations to anyone from the organization which seems to keep them away. No egos Last year no visit, just a tract to attend the memorial...same as for everyone else in the neighborhood. We aren't listed as DNC. They know we live here. We greet every jw we see as we shop, go to restaurants, visit the library or the farmers market. We see very few going d2d, not even Saturday ams.

No more trying to fake it till we make it at the KH.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am sorry to say the Apostate thing didn't work. A pair of them came by today. I have been really sick with some kind of bug, so I was still in my robe at 10:30 in the morning. They said there was nothing in the territory card! I have been nice up until bow, but this was the last straw. I told them I would call the police, and that I was an apostate and that they were just spreading lies as far as I am concerned. I hate to be a mean, but I am done being nice. I have asked numerous time when people come by, phoned the hall and left my number, write a letter to the Kingdom Hall, and gave a copy to the last elder that came by.

I am not sure if they are just completely incompetent or are trying to suck me back into the Borg somehow. I lean toward incompetent.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's simply poor records keeping, or sometimes poor delegation.

For example in my congregation a few of us would write down on the territories small notes on relevant things "bad dog" or "angry", but only a few of us did. Many JWs are too lazy to do it.

Another way that could lead to this situation is when a car load of JWs works a street at the same time in order to stay together, so they stop on any given street, then the group leader who holds the territories spreads the group by saying something like "you 2 can go from number 100 to 150" and "you guys can do from number 150 to 200". So he keeps the actually territory paper with him which has all the notes, while the rest go and ring the door bells with no information. Each pair writes down notes on a piece of paper and brings it back to him and he edits the territory with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit