Cosmos: a spacetime odyssey tonight

by yalbmert99 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Viviane - no worries.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

It was good. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

• prologos
    prologos

vivian, I enjoy science in a more serene way. It can not be fed to my by a flattend shoehorn sailing throug space. My far away daughter liked it and reminded me how we watched Sagan's 'Cosmos' together,when she was a kid. so, ill try again.

BTW it had PG rating. was that aimed at JW parents to keep their kids on JWorg, videos and the 'no questions or you'll discover something' idea?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Data Dog that guy that was burned at the stake, Giordano Bruno, was who I took my name from........possible relative as well.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Both Reopened Mind and I really enjoyed it. The only question I have is Why Fox network would allow such a program on science? Evolution? The Comos 13.5 billion years old. Man written account goes back 10,000 years? My, My what is this world coming to. LOL Still Totally ADD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Giordano,

That's really awesome. I admired his courage. Those small minded idiots couldn't break him. They could only kill him.

DD

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

It was great. Can't wait for the next episodes.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Didn't know it was on yet; want to see it.

When you get a chance watch the YouTube video "NOVA: The Fabric of the Cosmos - What is Space?" It's fascinating. I used to gripe about the Live Forever book's saying that before creating, Jah was all alone in universal space. I always said that was inaccurate because if there is a creator, then space itself is part of his creation. Space is not nothing; it's something. So, those who believe in a creator should say that Jah was all alone - not all alone in empty space. Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNxDg3QNzGQ

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Very interesting. TY.

• prologos
    prologos

The narrator linked himself to SAGAN in the California coast setting -- and Ithaca, in upstate NY. Sagan came across more as a teacher as the seemingly cock-sure tyson.

Sagan also had sage comments to make about the end of the world wt style:

"prominent religion [read WT] anounced the end of the world [wt: "world HAS ended"] but nobody noticed" C.S.

hope the movie producers will spare us the impossible swishing noice of the flight in the vaccuum of space.

and of course Ithaca NY (local of Tyson's Alma Mater) will bring up memories in old- time ExJWs, the place of highest learning for JWs. the old GILEAD location.

pilgramage every graduation. and not at par with Cornell's world- renown astro-physics department/faculty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit