Cosmos: a spacetime odyssey tonight

by yalbmert99 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Cosmos: a spacetime odyssey : with Neil Degrasse Tyson. Remake of Carl Sagan's Cosmos A personnal voyage of 1980

Presented by FOX Sun 9/8c and National Geographic Mon 10/9c

http://www.cosmosontv.com/

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I watched it. I really enjoyed it. I would be interested in what others thought about it.

It really made me realize how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.

• prologos
    prologos

frankly I could stand it only for 10 minutes, more hype than substance.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Just watched it...impressive (but nothing really new if you are up-to-date on Science topics)

I can't help but seeing the inquisition and how anybody asking questions was excommunicated as a complete parallel to what the Governing Body does today... Anyone voicing the slightest doubts or questioning things is labeled "apostate" and disfellowshipped (excommunicated).

I hope this series of COSMOS opens the eyes of a few more and encourages people to "question everything".

• Viviane
    Viviane

What did you consider hype, prologos?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Designer Stubble, you are ill informed if you think questioning things in the world of science leads to an inquisition. If you watched the show, you should that one of the main points was that in science, you have to question everything. He literally said "question everything".

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Viviane,

I am NOT ill informed and DID watch the show. Indeed question everything - which as I pointed out is NOT allowed as a JW to question the WTBTS teachings.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I gotta download this one.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Apologies, DS. I misread your statement to mean you were saying in the world of science it's equivalent to being an apostaste to questioning things. I re-read that and realize my mistake. Again, apologies.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It was pretty cool. The animation was impressive. I love seeing what is out there. I also really like the part about a limitless GOD/Universe. That guy who was burned at the stake was a real martyr. There were thought-police in his day, and it is no different now. Very similar to the WTBS. Their GOD is too small, and they are fearful of not knowing, but are afraid to learn.

I laughed out loud because I imagined the GB banning this series, or labeling it as "Satanic propaganda." Ol' Scratch is really working double-time to mislead people with scientific discoveries and what-not.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit