Went to SAD

by leaving_quietly 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

- How do you know if someone has apostate leanings? He/she says something like "Have you ever thought that maybe the end isn't going to be here any time soon?" Sows seeds of doubt. Rom 16:17 - "avoid them"

How soon is SOON to a jehovahs witness ? C.T Russell preached and taught to a world audience that the end would occur in October 1914.and all the faithfull would go to heaven.

Do research in WT sanctioned places: WT Library CD, Online Library, Appendices in back ot RNWT

Well that says it all doesnt it .Dont listen to what anybody else says , only take note of what we say ,.If that doesnt speak cult to you , then I`m afraid your a lost cause.

JWs in general are too lazy to learn what the Bible really says. They'd rather be spoon fed than to take the time to do research, let alone READ the Bible." Of course, they used James 2:26 for this, proving once again that they equate works with meetings and service (yes, the speaker said "Jehovah's works of meetings and the ministry".)

Their is no excuse for JW`s anymore , just a casual look at their history using the internet exposes them for a sham of a religion they profess to be.

smiddy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What shipwrecked my faith was GOING to meetings.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

- Reason from the scriptures (Acts 17:2). "Better to use one text than to use 2 or 3 and overwhelm the householder."

And yet this is the very way the watchtower(R) has cobbled together their faulty doctrine.

Prov 3:27: "Do not hold back good" applies to not holding back preaching/teaching

What an amazing leap from simply 'doing good' to getting money and power for the GB! It says 'doing good' not preaching.....out of context yet again!

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

When i attended the SAD this year, i noticed there was not much emphasis on the apostates or even calling them names! The only talk that touched the subject was the 4th one titled "Reject the Deceptive Power of Satan's World" This was given by a Bethel Speaker.

As the OP mentioned the key scripture was Rom 16:17. And the focus was to reject anything related to apostates in Print, in person, and on the internet.

Also added Rom7:21 - we need to protect our gates (heart and brain) from falling foul to deception - implying apostates. If we feel weak we need to seek help from the congregation.

Also there was comment about what is the difference between JWs and Apostates, and the reasoning or comment was that JWs preach the truth whereas Apostates dont do this and target JWs and dont preach.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JWs preach the truth whereas Apostates dont do this and target JWs and dont preach.

Laughable isn't it?!

Truth is truth and stands on it's own...it doesn't require 'preaching(TM)'

What are 'apostates(TM)' meant to preach? That armageddon(TM) is coming in 1975?

I see the old persecution complex is being fired up too...'target Jws'......hahahahaha, I try to avoid the poor blighters!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Also there was comment about what is the difference between JWs and Apostates, and the reasoning or comment was that JWs preach the truth whereas Apostates dont do this and target JWs and dont preach.

Before 1995, when I was a true blue JW elder.......based on my intruction from the Watchtower Society and it's Governing Body who were part of the Faithful & Discreet Slave remnant of the 144,000 anointed heavenly class, I preached "this generation" of 1914 would not pass away until Armaggedon came.

So now, the Watchtower reasons that the persons who changes their preaching to only the JW Governing Body is the F&DS, and that Jesus "evidently meant an over-lapping generation" is preaching the truth? What is wrong with this picture? Who really are the apostates?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit