Watchtower® and their education

by punkofnice 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remembered this thread and the thought that the Apathy Trolley is actually called a 'cart'.

To a Brit a cart is something pulled by a horse not a set of sack wheels with gammyzines on it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Watchtower Botchtower is definitely a 'made in America' religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Heaven - I remember some bloke telling me that the WBT$ was an American religion and thus he wasn't interested in it. Sadly I didn't join the dots at that stage.......I still thought it just happened that god put the HQ in the USA for some reason like the HQ was safe in WW2.....you know, some spurious reasoning like that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I always laugh at the "americanized" words and expressions used in the literature!

A few words that make us giggle is "coworker" (as in "coworkers with Jesus etc"). I picture in my mind a bovine ...Get it??

It should be spelt Co-worker!

Or, how about "cooperation". (As in working together in a fine manner.) I picture chickens in a hen house laying eggs...get it? Chicken coop....

It should be spelt "co-operation"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SIAR - Yes. I always wondered what a Cow Orker was too.

And the long sentance structure too....huff huff........When I read the washtowel on the pratform I used to run out of breath before the end of the first sentance....or is it sentence?

Perhaps we should have a British version of the litter-trash (trash = American term. heh heh heh).

That's put a new shine on suspenders, braces and pants for our cousins across the pond.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Dont hate us Americans! (And technically, you guys are correct when it comes to English.......English=England) but still

'Merica.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Blackfalcon98
    Dont hate us Americans!

I don't. I have a half american family in Maine.

I wonder if the watchtower had set up in China, how we'd get on reading. Would we be forced to read and speak Mandarin or Chinese or whatever? (Knowing how culturally lazy the cult leaders are).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit