JW sighting while shopping

by Scully 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

I was out today at the grocery store, picking up a few things for the weekend, when just beyond the pineapples, I spotted a JW lady I was once friends with.

I wasn't interested in engaging in conversation, so I just continued picking out fruit, when out of the corner of my eye, I see her look at me and recognize me. She looked like she was panicking, and then darted behind a pillar in the store, trying to hide from me!

My DD was with me and noticed what happened. She said "WTF is her problem?"

Now I have an earworm going, that's making me laugh myself silly:

"WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS" (unless your initials are RM)... 'blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!"

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Ours is the god of true prophecy . . . Funny, Scully, hope you're doing well!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yeah, they are such cowards. So much for "fearlessness."

But then again, that is one of the things the WTBTS is good at: redefining words.

• Fearlessness = extreme cowards
    • Soon = not soon, probably never. We don't know.
    • Generation = who knows how long? We like this "overlapping generation" nonsense
    • Love = shun whoever you are told to shun
    • We don't solicit funds = send in your money
  • PhilsWager2
    PhilsWager2

We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses

We speak out in ignorance

Ours is the god of False Prophecy

What he foretells fails to be

2. When we see a former Witness

standing at the store

frantically we scurry for the exit door

Talking, greetings are a No No

Shunning and cruelty is what we stand for

Chorus

Were Jehovah’s Witnesses

We afraid of what's in store

Ours is the god of False Prophecy

what he foretells fails to be

Other religions who help the poor

won't be welcome at our door

we shun anyone without a thought

Cuz Jesus is not what were about

Preach near and far or you gonna die

if your monthly field service card is low

3. Witnesses do not accept Grace

When works and rules can take its place

ect...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Betting Phil,

👍👍🍌🍌

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    You should have approached her and said "boo!"
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

Scully.

I used to read the days text in the morning now I take a look at whats new on this site.

And your entry made me laugh this morning.

Village idiot.

"boo!" I like it.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Totally understand. I went in to a shop to buy a coffee and low and behold I (being half blind lol )sit next to some jws I knew 20 yrs ago. They looked scared. Why I don't know as I ignored them. They quickly grabbed their stuff and while squeezing past my table, made small talk with me. The husband asked "How are you?" and I answered. He repeated my words thinking I said "Struggling in life". I laughed and said "No, LOVING life"

That disappointed him as he expected disfellowshipped people to be sad and tragic. To add to his sadness my attractive and much younger girlfriend arrived.....

Actually both he and his wife looked very sad and tragic

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

JW's are told thousands a time per year that they have the truth, that they are "In" the truth, whatever that means.

And yet they scuttle away in fear when they see me, and I am not DF'd or anything.

I walked into a Supermarket aisle the other day and came face to face with an Elder from the next town, I could see it was his first reaction to pretend not to know me, but I was already smiling and saying "Hello Fatboy" , I didn't actually say that, I said his name, but I always think of him as "Fatboy".

We spoke for a bit, but I could tell he felt awkward, I did not, I actually am "in the truth".

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks for telling this story so humorously Scully.

My hats off to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit