Women in the WT world - International Womens Day

by JWdaughter 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So, reading the articles about outstanding women in religion who are notable during this International day of Women I noticed that among the Episcolpalians, the Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Wiccans, Mormons and Bahais (and other random religous leaders that happen to be female) there is not ONE JW woman mentioned as holding a significant position.

Wonder why that is? Do you think any of them will look at the list(s) and wonder? While Barbara Anderson is significant in a ministry regarding the WT, she is not listed, nor is she a JW.

What gives?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Women can be anointed to rule as kings with Jesus in heaven as immortal spirit creatures. They just can't read the Watchtower on Sundays while they're still here on Earth. What's so strange about that?

• blondie
    blondie

Women in the bible though some were nameless like Noah's wife and daughters-in-law

Sarah--princess

Rebekah

Leah

Rachel

Miriam--prophet

Hannah

Deborah--judge, prophet

Naomi

Ruth

Elizabeth

Mary

Dorcas

Esther--queen of an empire

Priscilla--teacher of men

Martha

Huldah--prophet

Abigail

Eunice

Lois

Lydia

Life accounts in the bible...a greater honor than your name elevated in a human organization I could say. It was this attitude in the WTS that made me realize that their new system would be more of the same for women doing all the hard, dirty work while they rested in their tents.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I heard that sisters will be allowed to run microphones in the new world.

• Island Man
    Island Man

blondie, how could you treat Abigail so shabbily? You just mentioned her name without even giving a brief description. Abigail blasts Watchtower's misogynistic, subject-to-husbands treatment of women to pieces!

1. She corrected David - not just a male but the anointed of Jehovah, no less!

2. She brazenly disregarded the headship of her husband Nabal. She knew that her husband didn't want to provide provisions to David and his men, but instead of supporting his decision she defied it by showing them charity.

3. She spoke disparagingly of her husband to David, calling him foolish.

4. She rubbed her defiance of her husband in his face by telling him what she had done when he bacame sober.

Abigail shows that the headship arrangement is not as absolute as the Watchtower would have the sisters believe. If a wife knows her husband is making a bad decision she does not have to support him in doing it.

Beyond that, it teaches that those in authority - or those who claim to have authority (read: governing body) - do not deserve unquestioning obedience and submission. It is the course of prudence to refuse to go along with any directions from them that are clearly wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks Island Man, I always invite new insights because I have not reached the point of knowing it all, though some may think I think I do. Good catch.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Justchecking in, at the CA.

Lest we forget Philip the evangelizer's four daughters that prophesied, no less. You go girl!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Zelophehad's five daughters showed wisdom in dealing with their situation, God backed them up.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Despite their claims of grandiosity as the only ones for this and that, JWs in General have not make any great/significant contribution to this world, we know of them because we were in that Org. Neither men or women in that org have made any contribution worth mention little less to serve as example of leadership, empowerment for others.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Maria Russell. JWs don't do much in the world. Catholic and Episcopal nuns are so active. We don't even have convents where women can rule in their own right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit