Has anyone ever used a NONO??

by DATA-DOG 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

careful with temp of sugar or wax-that can do bad damage if just a few degrees too hot. OTOH, I had my legs waxed a few times and it wasn't that uncomfortable (eyebrows, too). The hair on my legs is really fine now and (truth time) I don't bother anymore. They feel smooth until I go and shave or wax them! Husband is fine with it so. . .thats one less chore. I wish my eyebrows would follow the rule, though! They just keep on growing! And Ihave waxed them MANY times. Legs only a few times. Sigh.

Don't use the depilatories on face (or anywhere) Those things are nasty business. It must be inherently wrong to apply an acid to your skin, right?

• Bella15
    Bella15

my friend has it, she says is good but not crazy about It. I think she was expecting better instant results.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No no is expensive. Way expensive. There are lots of on line customer reviews. I gathered that you have to use them for a time period before the hair stops coming back. If people give up too soon, they don't work for the permanent part of it. I don't think this is an epilator device, so it shouldn't be pulling people's hair out.

• sherah
    sherah

Yes, it's a piece of crap. It burns & pulls the hair strand, it's awful. Customer service is the worst.

• dazed but not confused
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Dazed, that's hilarious!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Is this an epil device? I bought one many years ago. It is very painful. The laser systems might be useful. I pay for waxing now. Every time I promise myself to maintain the lines on a weekly basis by myself. I forget to do so. Walking into strange salons is scary. I see so many health code violations. For a while, I was going to expensive salons only. Now I try moderate priced ones. It is nice to speak the same language. I ended up with a bad scar and visits to a dermatologist from low end salons. It appears that the state never inspects the salons.

I saw laser devices on QVC. They were very expensive and took a long time.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Tried Nair. Stench is bad. it did not grab fine hair.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Customer Review amazon. You can find more reviews. This one is a week by week one for a wife and her husband.

1,433 of 1,461 people found the following review helpful 4.0 out of 5 starsduration of use, progress review, November 2, 2011 By Melin This review is from: no!no! 8800 Series Deluxe Hair Removal Kit (Misc.) When I was looking into buying the nono I searched out reviews, hoping to find a review to tell me how the nono worked as the weeks progressed. I didn't find any, so I bought the nono and decided to do a week by week review for others looking into purchasing this device. There is a 60 day money back "guarantee", so here is my first week...

FOR THE MEN...
    I am using this on my husband too. He is a body builder and wants a smooth chest. He has not had a full week yet, I will update when he does. Update below...

WHAT I AM DOING...
    I am NOT using the lotion/buffers that come with the nono. My reasons are:

1. The lotion has parabens in it.
    2. It is a hair growth inhibitor and I want to know I am getting the results from the nono device not the lotion.
    3. I have sensitive skin and have tried hair buffers with no success.

I am using the nono daily, alternating body parts to every other day. The nono recommends using the nono 3-4 times a week so I am following the directions.

WEEK 1

I just finished my first week of the nono. Not much to tell yet, except I smell burning hair in my sleep now. LOL
    I don't like the smaller thermacon attachment it feels like it gets closer to the skin and I burned my upper lip. This did not happen with the larger one. So I only use the larger one now.
    I found I have to go slow and pass over the same spot 2-3 times for the hair to burn off. It is NOT smooth after using the nono, but I wasn't expecting it to be, at least not yet.

I'll change my rating as necessary and will update after I finish my second week.

Today is actually my third week. I did start to notice a slight thinning of the hair after 2 weeks but wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not. Now at 3 weeks I am getting a little excited about my results.

WEEK 3

The hair is definately thinner, not as course, and lighter. The hair on my legs (in addition to lighter and thinner) seems to be beginning to become a bit more sporadic. I noticed more of a difference in the hair on my arms than legs so far. The hair on my arms are so thin and light (extremely vellus) I can barely see them. (I am assuming this is maybe due to the hair already being less course in this area.) The hair growth has slowed down too. I am now alternating body parts to every 2 days. I also noticed I have little patches here and there that have nothing, mainly in the underarm area.

I use a loofah while showering to exfoliate the burned hair and then apply a natural moisturizer. The thermicon attachments seem to last also. I have used the same large thermicon since the beginning and the indicator shows it to still have 3 bars (measuring 3-0).

My husband has been using the NONO for his chest for 2 weeks now. He does not have a very hairy chest to begin with but has noticed a slower growth and a thinning in the hair.
    I will update when he has more results. Also feel free to ask questions if I have not covered something you would like to know:)

WEEK 4

I just finished my 4th week and the hair seems to be getting very fine and soft. I imagine it is a much slower process due to me not using the growth inhibiting lotion.

My husband is not using it on a regular basis, so I apoligize for not being able to give more information on his use of the nono.

Middle of 5th week...OK so my NONO is not working correctly. I called customer service and they are sending me a new one and starting my 60 days over again. I suppose I can't complain about that assuming this was a malfuction in the device I recieved and not that the device itself is crap. This kind of screws up my 6 week review for you so I will continue to review after I recieve my new nono. It will be interesting to see if the time lapse will effect the hair growth. I will keep you posted.

12-4-11
    Ok I just received my new NONO 12-3. I am a few days behind schedule, I have 3 days to finish my 5th week and will update on the 7th. I was without my NONO for 5 days and did not notice new hair growth or anything to make me think I was set back.

12-7-11
    WEEK 5
    I just finished my 5th week with the NONO and I have to say that I am happy with my results. I even changed my rating!
    The hair on my arms is almost gone. If I look closely I can see baby fine hairs. I would definitely have to say the process has been slower with my legs than other areas, but the results are coming along. The hair on my legs is very light and soft, I feel more skin than hair if I run my hand against the growth. Any vellus hair I had is gone and the hair that was course is becoming vellus. I have larger patches that have nothing. The growth is now extremely slow. I hardly had any new growth during my 5 day hiatus.
    The thermicon I was using ran out, so I would say they last about a month.
    I think it will take more than 6 weeks to get the desired results I am looking for. But I think it will be worth it. I am happy to answer any questions. I hope my review helps. :)

I will update again on the 14th.

12-16-11
    The NONO is on it's last chance with me. I had to send back my 2nd NONO due it not even turning on after charging, it also blew the wire on both of my thermicon attachments. Customer service sent me a new NONO and new attachments and started my 60 day trial over. AGAIN. I asked for the Black nono this time after the representive made me aware that it is the latest to be released and they have not had the black nonos returned. So far so good but I have only had this one now for a day. I would have given up and gotten my money back if it were not for the fact that I have noticed such a difference in my hair growth. I really hope this one is not defective. My last two were pink whether this is relevent or not I can't say but I would want to know if I was reading this review.
    AND of course due to another set back in time I am not prepared for my 6 week review. I realize my two returns may have made the decision for some but I will still post my 6th week to complete my review.

I am happy to report that my new nono has been working great. Actually better than I imagined. I ordered the Black NONO on my second return and I feel it is more powerful. I can't say if it is due to finally having one that works or because it is marketed toward the male consumer. With the black nono 1 pass and the hair burns off.
    I am very pleased with my results after 6 weeks. Any hair that was on my upper lip is gone. My chin (my problem area) has a few sporatic hairs that are not noticable. My arms are hairless, underarms have a few that I need to use the nono a couple times a week. My legs, (which have seemed to take the longest to see results) are showing progressively less regrowth.
    I wanted to share a few tips for the upper lip I have learned through my use of the NONO device. (it took me awhile to get this one)
    For upper lip: Again the larger thermicon the smaller one burns me. You can move the nono in toward the nose or outward toward the jawline (as the directions tell you to). But lets be honest that is not how the hair grows. I pull my lips in (as if evening out lipstick) and I stick my toung under my upper lip (depending on the area I am trying to reach) to make a smooth even surface for gliding the nono and not to get burned. And move in an upward motion. Start off on the lowest setting work from there to see what works for you. Do not tip the nono forward, more than a 90 degree angle, this always burned me in the beginning. It is ok to tip it back toward the roller a little. The NONO works best on short stubble. I made the mistake of letting my hair grow out before getting the NONO (used to having to do so for waxing) and it took me longer to use it and more passes to burn the hair.

I guess that is all for my review. I appreicate all your responses and I will be following any comments for questions. I hope my review helped in your decision to buy this device:)

1-19-12
    Well today my new NONO (the black one) stopped working, it sounds like the motor on it is going. It seems like these things are designed to work for 30-50 days and break in some way. So I have a choice to make... get a new nono every 50 days or so (as they keep starting over my 60 days) or just get my money back and search out the next best way for hair removal. I'm very disappointed!

6-21-12
    I wanted to give a little update... I did receive another replacement nono. This one has been working fine with no problems. I am still using my nono and remain happy with my results. It is not a device that will make you "completely hairless" in my opinion, but the difference is enough for me to find it worth it.

I would also like to clear up some confusion, I have been questioned about my four star rating then me saying that I am disappointed... I was disappointed about the devices malfunctioning on me, but not the results I got using the nono. My rating it based on my results as I can not honestly say that my experience in receiving malfunctioning devices is typical or not. However, it is only fair to let any other consumer make the choice to purchase one for themselves by me simply sharing my experience.
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

No...no...no...I've never used that product but I always wondered how they got the name for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InTAt2hI_kg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit