Right! So the meeting last night, a few interesting things

by Jon Preston 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

So i havent been to a meeting in some time and my wife decided we should go. We showed up late, i was love bombed by an elder with a man-hug where i felt i was made a spectacle of. Moving on

now the three talk was given by some sisters about during the resurrection those who died will be resurrected and not re-destroyed because of past actions in their previous life. They brought out that scripture about the wages sin pays is death and one other i forgot as i was droning.

Anyhow THEN they dropped the bomb: John 5:25-29

25Most truly I say to you, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who have paid attention will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in himself,*+ so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself.+ 27 And he has given him authority to do judging,+because he is the Son of man.+ 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice+ 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.+

"hmm" i thought. Doesnt this contradict all that shes said? Jesus is given the job of Judging. We find out earlier that Jehovah does not judge but thats Christs job. Now the most blatant contradiction is verse 29....you do good and you get resurrected to life....Bad? Resurrected to judgment (not destruction). So how did they get around this?

the young sister said that the ones who are judged are already aliv. After the resurrection and are the ones who will be judged after they have a chance to perfect themselves.....??? My mouth hang open a moment and i may have drooled on my silk tie. She then said "why would Jehovah resurrect someone just to destroy them again? I thought "what planet are we on??? It doesnt say destruction!!!". Fun stuff.

Next theinfamous local needs in which family heads were encouraged to teach their kids to LOve jehovah, be his friend, pray to him, talk to him. One anology i enjoyed was: Can you have a friend you never talk to? Teach your kids that Jehovah is real and can be their friend.

My thoughts: "Can you have a friend that does NOT answer you? Doesnt speak back? Is invisible?" a friend is someone you have conversation with who talks back and interacts with you. Jehovah does non of these. Answers prayer? Some believe that. But if your friend saw people you love being murdered and tortured and had the power to do something about it, would they? If they truly loved you? Just saying.

Now after the talk another elder, as he walked down the isle, stopped dead and bent down and shook my hand. Yes, in front of everyone. Again i was the spectacle. So there you have it! Welcome back to the meeting Cleric Jon Preston.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Oh and one more thing, can someone start a post about this? I found it intriguing.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201403/untold-story-of-creation/

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It is simple. Why would he judge people on what they do in this life?

There is no basis to make any judgment. If it is based on belief in Jesus' sacrifice, then what of those who do not know that?

And what about people who were dealt a bad hand in life?

It is like a race where people were given different cars and tools. The inferior will lose and the superior will win. It needs to be evened up.

The resurrection will do that and put everyone on an even chance.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm sorry to bust your Watchtower induced bubble, Rattigan but you don't get a second chance to reject Jesus in the Watchtower's paradise earth fanatsy.

There is no paradise earth. During Christ's 1,000 year reign no one will be resurrected. The first resurrection will have already taken place and armageddon survivivors will live under Christ's rule in great conditions but still no paradise earth because people will still die according to Isaiah 65:20.

Paradise is in heaven according to 2 Corinthians 12:2-4.

The second resurrection is a resurrection to judgement, not life according to John 5:29.

The Watchtower lied.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

So sorry I missed that load of crap.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I was thinking more along the lines of if we all die and our slate is wiped clean, what the hell was the point in Jesus' sacrifice? It was t just everlasting life it was forgiveness of sins right?

hm

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

JonPreston Love the idea about Jehovah being our invisible friend, had to laugh out loud, but great point. When I was little I had an invisible friend I named Pinochle (don't know why I picked that name) and my daughter had an invisible monkey friend. We both grew out of it, and I grew out of the invisible Jehovah friend too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This confusion happens when you start lying. First, Jesus is fake. Original sin is also fake. Without original sin, without Jesus, you don't have this resurrection to be judged.

However, reincarnation is real. Your soul survives, and what you are reincarnated as depends more on how you empower your soul now rather than your course of action. Those who continue to believe the rubbish in the LIE-ble come back with weaker souls because the LIE-ble is designed to prevent one from strengthening one's soul. Instead, they get confusing rubbish like this that takes afternoons of wasted time trying to figure out. Those who spend a lot of time trying to work on their souls generally end up better off in the next life (and that presumes joke-hova doesn't figure out a way to jack your workings). Needless to say, rejecting both joke-hova and Jesus (along with rejecting original sin, and hence the need for salvation and forgiveness from such) is to everyone's benefit.

And rejecting Allah, while you are at it.

• pixel
    pixel

"why would Jehovah resurrect someone just to destroy them again?"

But this is exactly was gonna happen even according to GB/WT/FDS theology. You get a clean slate when you get resurrected, but if you don't do as they tell you in the new scrolls (yeah right, new), God will kill you. So, at the end, you get resurected to get killed again. Same idea. Jw's just dont think.

• Comatose
    Comatose

The way they acted about you being there is just wrong... I understand actually that the motives were most likely kindhearted and done with good intentions. But, the things they did were one of my pet peeves when I was in and serving in the hall. I always commented on what NOT to do with "weak ones", and they gave a classic example of all the wrong things.

You don't say, "Hi Brother Preston!!!!! We have missssssssed you! It's so great to see you!!!!!"

You do say, "Hi Brother Preston. I know you like to (insert hobby like golf, hike, jog, work in your yard, tennis). Have you had any good (insert same hobby - hikes) lately? The weather is just getting nice enough to get back out there for that! I bet you are looking forward to that.)

Hopefully a conversation ensues.

Just be a normal human being!!!! Talk normal to the person so they don't feel uncomfortable and afraid to come back. No one likes to be embarrassed and put on the spot.

Morons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit