Baptisms only at regional ( district ) assemblies from 2014 / 15 service year?

by dozy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Less people getting baptized = proof that the end is near, ..., evidently!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"Why should you have to wait a year & for an assembly to get baptised?

The early christians seemed to use any body of water for baptism at any time a person wanted to be baptised."

That's right - I was baptized in a lake. We were car pooled from the assembly for the baptism. That was in 1956.

It was summertime.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If true, this would be great at Circuit Assemblies ! There is nothing worse in the day than arriving at the appointed lunch hour, with your tummy crying out for your cheese & pickle sandwiches, but having to sit there while elaborate preparations take place for a handful of deluded con victims to get dunked at the front of the Hall.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

I know of three people off the top of my head who got declined baptism after going over the questions. One was denied THREE times and the elder who went over her FOURTH and last set admitted they only approved her because they were worried she wouldn't try again if they said no. Another was denied twice before he could get baptised and the third person once and she hasn't tried again as far as I know.

I wonder if this is true. It would make sense so it could give the appearance of more getting baptised And create more of a buzz if it was a less frequent event.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wonder what will become of all the baptismal pools that many Assembly Halls have?

Maybe they can be converted to jacuzzis for the COs, DOs & their wives who have apartments on the premises! (LOL)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What a hell of an embarrassment!

Upwords of 1,500 to 2,000 JW so-called Kingdom proclaimers attend a circuit assembly and there's not even one baptismal candidate to show for all those damn hours out in field service.

Time to hang-up the 'door-to-door' work, aye!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The CA just wouldn't be the same without walking into the Assembly Hall at 9:00 a.m. to be greeted by waves of chlorine wafting over from the baptism pool (and of course the poor guy who has to stand there and hand out programs).

If this rumor turned out to be true, it'd be funny to see what happened the first year...

"Brothers and Sisters...wasn't it encouraging to see over 20 new brothers and sisters get baptized at LAST year's District Convention? Well it brings me even greater pleasure to annouce that we had 25 brothers and sister baptized...A TWENTY FIVE PERCENT INCREASE OVER LAST YEAR!!! What evidence of Jehovah's blessing!"

This will be followed by gasps of delight and tremendous applause as everyone forgets the only reason the number is higher is because no one was able to get baptized at the CAs that year.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Be on the look-out for a BOE letter; something to the effect:

To All Bodies Of Elders:

Until further notice baptism talks are being cancelled at all future Circuit Assembly venues, that includes baptisms.

PS: Please do not read this letter to the congregation nor post this letter on the information board. There is no need to depress and discourage the publishers with this announcement!

• ?me?
    ?me?

don't see this happening, the baptisms are a "highlight" of the CA's although at a recent one of ours there were only 3 young teen girls baptized (13-15 yr old). the single man or woman or family getting baptized is getting farther and farther apart here locally. our hall has not had a baptism that was not a kid of a witness in 5 years and then that was only because a whole family got baptized , and we had a dry spell of a few years before that..

so in about a decade we have had about 10-15 kids (age 12-20) and a family of 6 get baptized. the last 3 families/couples that got baptized in the last 15 years or so were ALL Foreigners!!! our area is dry of interested adults or young adults, there is currently only one "interested" person that attends and we have only had one at a time and that has been off and on. and we have a ton of pioneers who seem to be the worst at their jobs. just young people and couples counting time and getting accolades.. no elders of course have the attitude, i mean the time, to pioneer.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

The jw's baptising younger and younger people is just like a company that cuts costs to the bone to make their bottom line look better.

It only lasts so long before it catches up with you.

I really don't understand how anyone can't see a problem with children being baptised.

I got baptised at 18 or 19 and even then I had no clue what I was getting myself into.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit