by fakefading 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• fakefading
    fakefading

nancy drew - :-)

BU2B - cool thank you ;-)

flipper - Thank you flipper!

• Notmyfirstrodeo
    Notmyfirstrodeo

I was born/raised as a JW by my Mom. I pioneered for 2 years after highschool because the new system was coming, and there wouldn't even be enough time for me to 1. get married, or 2. have kids, or 3. not have to worry about $ to raise these kids (who are now 33 and 35) because Armagedon was coming, so why would I want to go to college/university. It used to be called "drifting away" but I like this fade-away idea. Too bad I didn't do that. I've been DF'd for about 15 years now and my Mom won't talk to me, nor my son (my daughter is coming around). My oldest brother was a MS and he committed suicide when he was 31 and about a year ago my youngest brother did the same (he did his fading as soon as he left home), and he never gave me alot of details, but said that he was really messed up from being raised as a JW.

So please, if you have to pioneer while you're fading away, please get a good education/career, so life "ain't so tuff."

• Notmyfirstrodeo
    Notmyfirstrodeo

Excuse me, I'm pretty new here, what does TTATT mean?

• bemused
    bemused

nmfr - TTATT stands for The Truth about The Truth.

Welcome fakefading. Not everyone on here is an apostate - there are a few people like me who have never been a JW but are concerned about JW friends and relatives. (A close relative of mine converted some years back and I use this site as ammunition for any discussions we get into.) As a never-in I'm not sure I can give you much advice, but what I would say from my reading of the postings on this site is that a slow fade may be the least painful exit route and give you the best chance of maintaining contact with family and friends.

• fakefading
    fakefading

notmyfirstrodeo - thank you for your experience and your suggestions. Really sorry about the tragedy in your family. I actually do have a college education thankfully my parents were always Pro-College instead of anti-college. And yea Pioneering is coming off very very soon :-)

bemused - hey thanks for the advice! Yeah I am kinda finding that out the hard way here recently. Slow seems the way to go. I'm talking about very slow. That way people wont start questioning as much and stuff. So we shall see what unfolds in the next few months :-D

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Welcome FF,

I'm new here too, and do more lurking than posting.

I've just stood down as a MS and abruptly stopped attending meetings, but my wife is still in 100%. My wife is also 100% gutted and our (previously happy) marriage is now in jeopardy.

I was baptised in 1991. I realised it wasn't the truth about 4 months ago and chose to make a quick exit.

In hindsight, I should've planned it better. Or rather, I should have simply had a plan in the first place. Instead, I just impatiently blurted out what I had learned when the circumstances allowed it. Bad idea.

Since then, I have read lots of excellent advice on this forum.

This forum has helped me to be reassured that it's not me that's unbalanced.

From your posts, it appears that you also appreciate the help of forum members too.

Take your time. Keep planning ahead. Go at your own pace. Follow your conscience.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome, I am happy to hear you have a college education because so many don't and it can make life even harder. Do things at the pace you feel comfortble with. I was in 30 years and my husband was a born in for 58 years. I was the one who started to read and question things but I immediately told him everything I was finding out. I do not hold back with him. LOL! I was able to get him to read Crisis of Conscience and it changed his life. Since then we have both read many of the EX - JW books and Steven Hassen's books.

For some reason it never dawned on me when I started this journey that my husband would not follow. He was an elder for many years and being raised in it plus they have 5 & 6 generations of JW's in his family. He actually was seeing things but just hadn't put it together. He was researching some subjects that his bible study's wife asked him and he could not find the answers for her because they were false teachings.

One thing that is so positive in your life is you are young without children at this point. Hopefully, you will be able to get your wife out so you don't end up divorced. Hang in there because this is a tough journey but life sure looks much better on the outside. Our life has been the best it ever has been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit