New Article: Jehovah's Witnesses a Study in Hypocrisy

by daringhart13 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daringhart13
  • Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I read it. It's spot on. An excellent article Thanks for sharing it.

Shana

• Giordano
    Giordano

It's a very good primer on the hypocrisy of the WTBTS.

Starting in the 19th century this was a belief based on the nonsense of that era.

It has now reached a point where the nonsense...end of the world predictions, the blood issue, lack of higher education, has all come back to haunt them.

Jehovah's witnesses today can not understand that their Dogma is often nothing more then the corporate culture raised to the status of 'truth' as taught by the WT society.

One example is that the society warns against tattoos and points to Leviticus as the scriptural source for this degree.

However if one reads the scripture before that issue another rule was not to trim your beard!

This is a good blog worth keeping for future debates.

Thanks for sharing.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi daringhart13, You wrote a very heartfelt and well-written message.

I only make the following comments to hopefully reduce how JWs will focus on minor errors and not see how truthful your message is.

I feel that where you wrote:

• Please note: The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society openly claims to be God's only representative” it should be changed to “Please note: The leaders of the Watchtower . . . “
    • “For those that question that authority, they are banished from the organization, including family and friends.” It shoud be changed to “ . . . they are banished from the organization, and shunned (as if dead) by JW family and friends.”

I did notice the following grammer errors in part of your message that I read:

• End of 5th paragraph - "their claim isn't in accord with the very Bible the claim to hold as the 'breath of God'."
    • Near end of 8 th paragraph – “In hindsight, I believe it made me an good elder;”
    • "Millions and millions of pages, books, magazines, brochures and talk outlines highlighted how evil the UN is and the belief that that Jehovah will use the United Nations to destroy all "false religion" leaving only Jehovah's Witnesses on earth."
    • "Imagine the shock when it was discovered (insert that) the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society was an associate member of the United Nations Public Information Department starting in 1992."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

So many good points in this. I' m going to print it and give it to a friend who is still in, on the fringes because of family, who always makes excuses for JWs for anything I ever bring up to her. It will also be good to hand to anyone who asks if I am ever going back, or do I miss it. Very well presented in a calm, nonaccusatory way.

• Island Man
    Island Man

[marked for later]

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

I would like to see the links to where the watchtower society has/had shares in Phillip Morris and Rand Cam Engine corp!!

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

I would like to see the links to where the watchtower society has/had shares in Phillip Morris and Rand Cam Engine corp!!

• bsmart
    bsmart

Just type the terms into the search engine at the top of this page. You will find at least a dozen links to check out.

The stocks were donated to the "society" and it produced a good income. They kept the stocks... Its all about the money!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit