"Jehovah's Witness School"

by Jacinta 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jacinta
    Jacinta

I posted my experience on this board and took for granted that some may have never heard of the JW school. I don't know if they exist in every state (apparently not), but the one I went to is named New World Education Center. All of the teachers had to be baptized JWs and the principal as well. It was a small school. My graduating class had 2 other people besides me! I went to the one located in Phoenix, Arizona. It used to be located in Glendale, Arizona but they moved it to a new building. This school did allow "worldly" kids, but the years I went, there were only two that attended. I guess "worldly" parents didn't want to send their children to a JW school.
    You can all look under Arizona Department of Education and you will find New World Education Center listed there with a number and address. Call for yourself. The Cooks resigned from there, but I guess you can ask about them. Their daughter used to be the fifth grade teacher. I won't post her name because she did nothing wrong.
    I hope this answers some peoples "doubts" about my experience.
    Jacinta

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

That's a lot of history Jacinta, thank you. I learn something new every day.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

We had one when I was a teen and there were JW kids from several various KHs with-in ABOUT a 30 mile radius attended. It didn't last very long. Had to be closed down. Don't know if it ever re-opened or not. That was in the 70's I think it closed in approx 1973 or 4

edited: forgot to say where. I did not attend I stayed in public school but I had JW friends that attended while is was open.
    They even had there own school bus with a JW driver.
    It covered the SanGabriel Valley area in Southern California.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Well, I guess I'm not too old to learn a thing or two...

Please accept my apology for questioning your experience. I left the WTS almost 30 years ago and did not know that they had these schools in recent times.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi jacinta,

i had friends who had their children in that jw school in phoenix......it was a very messed up school......(around 1982-86)

they had alot of problems with the teachers (no teaching skills).

also the transportation was a big issue, and the cost of everything.

as i recall, the school had so many problems it was shut down.

i didn't read your original post, as i can't seem to navigate this board very well.............anyway, i probably know some of your friends.

• one
    one

"Had to be closed down. Don't know if it ever re-opened or not."

No surprise.

Teachers need to go to COLLEGE to become teachers.

And then teachers are supposed to teach how to think... NONONO

Do I need to say more?

• one
    one

AND teachers are usually dispassionate, objective, impartial, critical thinkers. NONONO

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ CRAWDAD }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!
    I have missed you!!

Hugs,

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• ballistic
    ballistic

crawdad!!! is that you??

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

ya, it's me!..........(((((booooooo!!!!))))

who are you cassline?......i remember ballistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit