A conversation with my JW mother ...

by Bella15 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Here is a thought. If there was a Central Authority, who dispensed knowledg and wrote

instructions, why are none of their supposed instructions and letters in the Bible?

Think about it. Paul wrote 14 books of the Bible and he makes a point in Galations 1: 16-18 16

..... I did not go to ask advice from any human being, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those

who were apostles before me, ....... 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas

and get informationfrom him, and I stayed with him fifteen days.

19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord’s brother.

Paul makes a point of saying we are all EQUAL neither male not female nor Jew nor Greek,

as he puts it, but all ONE in the Body of Christ.

What the Governing Body does is separate people into classes, and tell them

they are not part of the Body of Christ and can't partake of the

bread symbolizing his body, or the wine symbolizing his blood.

This is keeping people from communion with Christ and God,

this makes the Governing Body, Anti-Christ.

Separating people from Christ and setting themselves up as the

"sole channel of communication" or Mediator, making themselves

the Man of Lawlessness, who stands in the Holy Place

replacing Jesus Christ with themselves.

• Spectre
    Spectre

The religion is so god damned depressing yet they are constantly told how happy they should be. This makes them think something is wrong with them. I too have seen them try all sorts of kooky things in an attempt to "fix" themselves.

The best one I heard was getting a diagnosis over the phone while the "doctor" used a surrogate person where he was.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Spectre... Its an indicator of the magical thinking of the JW mind.

they are isolated from the reality of their own lives and disconnected

from humanity, because of the controlling, fear based, rigid focus on

the convoluted words they continually "study" Its like mass mental illness.

• LV101
    LV101

Bella - WOW, I'm impressed by your faith and relationship with your mother/family. Has this developed recently.

Has the cult relaxed it's position on family? I recall a post few mos. ago someone asking this question since they were hearing from aunt, etc., out of the clear, blue sky.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Bella 15 good point!

I could never figure WT reasoning after the death of Jesus until now! Written historical facts about Russell and Rutherfords movements are not evidence of Gods Kingdom based on the bible.

Commentary qoute is right, and it fits the JW completely! they tried robbing us of our salvation by Grace, and had everyone preaching a false Jesus.

• nimrath
    nimrath

Hadn't spoken to my mom for a couple of months and when I called her I mentioned my surprise at the GB declaring itself the FDS.

She went right into; "the FDS gives us our spiritual food at the proper time, yadda yadda".

Now I know where the Stepford Wives actually came from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit