"Higher Education" Follow Up

by XBEHERE 21 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

This is a follow up to my previous thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/268693/1/They-are-Definitely-Attacking-Higher-Education

So we had our CO Visit and we were quizzed about the "problem" of higher education as well. Not the exact wording or questions that my friend had a couple months ago but same thought.

Pretty much Higher Education is always bad. Higher Education is defined by the F&DS as 4 years of a university with the view towards getting a specific degree. In other words if they do not pioneer and go to a 4year university then they and their parents are spiritually weak and need to be spoken too.

Do they lack faith in Jah's promises? Are they putting their trust in Satan's system? If the father is an appointed man then we were told as per the Letter to BOE March 6, 2012 to evaluate the situation and see if he still qualifies.

It was quite unnerving and really lacked any logical reasoning. Higher Education will always = falling away from the "truth" period! He said as spiritual shepherds we need to be aware if any of our little lamb's () stray from the flock and get snatched by Satan's influence.....a big one he uses is higher education. He went on and on but I won't disgust you with the details.

I am not sure if this is an across the board type situation or regional based on BOE reports but my friend and I live in different parts of the U.S. and it was the same ideas. So they are definitely on the hunt for poor JW's trying to educate themselves and getting a life.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So we had our CO Visit and we were quizzed about the "problem" of higher education as well.

The fact that the WTBTS considers higher education to be a "problem" is very telling.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It was quite unnerving and really lacked any logical reasoning. Higher Education will always = falling away from the "truth" period!

So they are definitely on the hunt for poor JW's trying to educate themselves and getting a life.

If JW youth rub shoulders with other "thinking" persons they will undoubtedly begin to question their religious upbringing. It is almost a certainty if they move from home and are on their own. Damage might be contained if they are still under the roof of strict Witness parents, if they are already very idoctrinated, and they still attend the weekly propaganda sessions to re-boot their thinking.

Education = Danger. Doesn't matter if it's an instituion of higher learning, or just associating online with those who share TTATT.

Doc

• sspo
    sspo

I think it's disgusting that in 2014 they continue to have such a view.

How different from Mormons where almost every young man after his 2 year ministry they attend a university, they feel it's a command from God

to educate yourself a be a productive member of society and of course help the church financially.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Truly appalling - why don't they start burning books as well in the best fascist tradition?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Frazzled: Truly appalling - why don't they start burning books as well in the best fascist tradition?

They don't have to actually burn the books. They have accomplished the same thing by forbidding all JWs from reading non-WT approved literature.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So...3.5 years and no "degree" is ok, but 4 years and up with a degree is bad.. Uh...pharisaic much?!?? What about an online degree, has anyone asked that? You can get a degree now and barely set foot on a campus. So is it an association thing? Or do they just ban education altogether. Remember these are the same people who stated at a DC, " If you do not believe that the END will come in YOUR lifetime, you have been infected by Satanic thinking." Many older JWs have passed since the 'God's Word is Truth' DC in 2012.

Also, college is not like Hollywood movies. Bethel probably has more of a drinking problem than a campus. Probably more LUGS, GUGS, and BUGS too..

DD

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I knew a man who converted to Mormonism and the Church helped pay his way through college (two year degree)! They also helped him with groceries (food bank) for his rather large family. Now he is established in a good career and faithfully tithes his fair share which is 10% of his income. Go figure, WT will never have that arrangement.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Keep the sheeple stupid and they will always follow you.

If the sheeple get smart they will get lost and you will never find them.

Perfect cult reasoning.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I am 9 weeks from finishing my masters degree.

And a JW relative was telling me, just the other day, about how people with advanced degrees were leaving that info off their resumes so as not to appear overqualified for jobs.

This from a JW without a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of to their name while they're sitting in my biggest on the block house getting a full belly off food my heathen ass is providing.

As far as I am concerned, the WT organization and their minions preaching this shit can go and F___ themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit