JW parents are CRAZY

by Demokan 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Please check with an update.

Has things calmed down?

I am ashamed to admit that as a mom a lost control once or twice. I did not bang my head but I was yelling. I realised I needed help, saw a dr. & got meds.

Unfortuately it is easy to forget that your actions affect others. I was caught up in my pain and frustration.

It wasnt until I took my daughter to a counsler that I realized how my behavior was affecting her.

There may be things going on that have nothing to do with you.

I hope you and your mom get help..

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Emancipation if you could find work.

Obvious your mother is mentally unstable so you might want to stay in your room. Go out for short times.

If she is not that strict be gone until bed time. Find nice friends.

You are vulnerable for alcohol and drugs so be very careful.

Does your mother or father drink?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Demokan

Teenage rebellion is normal and healthy and particularly so when your parents are in a cult (which means they have rigid and often ridiculous rules and ways of thinking) and they have been trying to get you to become a fully fledged member of the same cult and otherwise control you in an unhealthy way. Don't accept all the attempts to label you as the problem because you will not conform to the cult thinking and rules. Try to harness your rebellion in a positive way. You are perceptive and articulate - use that to express how you feel. As others have said it sounds like the best way to deal with your Mum is to avoid her. Build a support network but be careful it is not with the sort of people who will lead you into abuse of alcohol and drug abuse - as others have said - you are at risk of that. Listen to the good advice you are getting here. As others have suggested find a school counsellor or some other adult who you can trust and is trained to deal with these issues - if you already have a scoial worker, see if that person is the best person to help. Thinking about and planning the next few years of life are critical. Think about what your life outside the cult will be like - try to be both optimist and realistic and then come up with options. Good luck and stay in touch with JWN.

Fraz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any way to get your mother in trouble for "fits of anger"? Yes, today's music has lost a lot of its flavor but that's no reason to ban it. Coldplay is not necessarily evil, and I see no reason to not listen to Lady Gaga if you enjoy it. It is being unreasonable to demand it be thrown away under threat of living at a group home (where you would probably have more freedom than among the jokehovians). I wonder if this could be investigated by a judicial committee. Then your mother will have to endure the embarrassment of a judicial reproof.

If that goes nowhere or is not an option (for instance, her husband is a hounder), you might try threatening "You move me into the group home, I will see to it that you move into a jail cell for child abuse". Abusive parents deserve jail time, and abusive religions deserve to be taxed out of business and the leaders thrown to rot in jail. You have the right to listen to whatever music you see fit, so long as it is not so loud that everyone in the house is forced to listen to it. You bear the responsibility and you alone. If you have a headphones, you have the right to put whatever you see fit on them (so long, as before, that it isn't so loud that everyone else can hear the content). So the Illuminati is controlling much of today's music--maybe that is why so much sounds lousy. And maybe they are trying to create a reaction to get all fun banned--sounds like it is working.

As for gays, it is a shame they are being punished with death in many parts of the world today. Regardless of what attitudes your parents have about it, death is too harsh for homosexuals. Islam is like that--and so was Christi-SCAM-ity during the middle ages (see the Law of St Benedict--you will be surprised how harsh xians treat it, too). Parents that rage because you have differing ideas about what the "punishment" should be from theirs are in the wrong--that is more abuse and should be treated as such (jail time for the parents). Homosexuality does happen in nature, and many people are bisexual by nature. It should be treated as a personal viewpoint issue only, since many people go through homosexual or bisexual phases while others are permanently that way.

For the music, I will not directly order anyone what to do, but I will suggest you try other periods for size. Anyone remember the 1950s and 1960s? Remember why the Beatles were such a big hit? Payola was trashing music until the Beatles hit the country, and most of their music is worth listening to again. Then came the garage bands--The Guess Who, Grass Roots, The Who, The Doors, and so many others that started with small operations and became major bands. R&B artists like the Supremes, The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, and James Brown are worth listening to, at least once. I also recommend listening to The Rolling Stones and The Beach Boys.

Remember the 1970s? The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Elton John, The Bee Gees, KC & The Sunshine Band, Earth Wind & Fire, Foreigner, Styx, and Fleetwood Mac are worth a listen. Rumours (Fleetwood Mac), The Eagles Greatest Hits and Hotel California, Saturday Night Fever, and Led Zeppelin's box set are worth listening to. You can also listen to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon if you are curious as to why that stayed on the charts so long. And, don't forget there are so many other bands that were less prominent but had great hits. Stevie Wonder's best music came between 1972 and 1977--Picture Book and Innervisions are worth a listen.

Remember the 1980s? I recommend listening to Michael Jackson, at least once. Off The Wall, Thriller (especially Thriller), and Bad are worth listening to through at least once. Prince (Purple Rain), Madonna (True Blue, Like A Virgin are recommended), The Police (Synchronicity), Phil Collins (No Jacket Required), and Duran Duran (any of the 3 albums with 1983 vintage music out are worth listening to) are worth listening to at least once. For singles, I recommend Flashdance, Every Breath You Take (Police), Down Under (Men At Work), We Are the World (USA For Africa), Jump (Van Halen), and Like a Virgin (Madonna). There are definitely many others--more than 3,000 per decade just in the Top 40 Mainstream.

Try some of these--you will find out what music used to sound like. And yes, the jokehovians used to get all huffy about these groups, too. They would have a stroke if their parents listened to Elvis Presley or The Beatles in their day, just as they do today with Lady Gaga or Coldplay. In the 1970s, it was that Led Zeppelin, The Eagles (Hotel California), and The Rolling Stones. In the 1980s, Madonna's Dress You Up was derided as one of the top 15 most obscene songs of all time. And Foreigner, ZZ Top, and Ratt took heat as being "bad". Prince, with Purple Rain and his contribution to Sheena Easton's Sugar Walls, was the grandfather of the Explicit Lyrics warnings you often see these days--in 1984.

And if your parents throw another tantrum when you listen to Michael Jackson, Saturday Night Fever, or The Eagles, do they deserve to not rot in jail? Do they deserve to force you to listen to their 135 pieces of sxxxthat are worse than anything you have now? If anything, I would worry if all you ever listened to was that smut they call music--all 135 pieces of it. As I see it, the jokehovians need to keep their noses out of people's music library. It usually only affects them negatively if they are so impressionable that they always do what the song says (then they need to grow up, which is not going to happen if they are led to only listen to Kingdumb maladies) or if they panic and become paranoid when a song comes up. In that case, it is the fear of that song that exerts the power, not the song itself.

• Demokan
    Demokan

Update:

The day I posted this I got arrested 2 hours later for being mentally unstable and suicidal, I was hand-cuffed and took to the phsyc ward at a hospital and was in hand-cuffs for more than 2 hours. Aftert that the doctor perscribed me medication effective instantenously, I think the first one is quetiapine, and then where was this long omega 3 looking pill that I took but I don't know the name. I'm really drowsy and I don't know how I'm going to get work done, I'm really sleepy. And no DESPITE EVERYTHING MY MOTHER DIDN'T get put in jail, that is so UNFAIR. And thanks for the suggestions of emancipation but it is a big no-no, in my prevoius threads I mentioned I have BDD and I don't leave the house, and if I did I'd probably go crazy like I did when the police officers came to visit me. I've already been to 6 counsellors/therapists and 2 group therapies and they are nothing but shitheads who think they are so superior because they got Post-secondary education, I hate them all. Also the therapists told my mom that I said that "Jehovahs witnesses are fanatics" and now my whole family thinks I'm an apostate, they also put me on suicide watch (which was terrible) and everyone was complaining "O I can't go out in service now because of you" and "I think you may have to move into a group home because I can't keep watching you" but yesterday the police officer said to me "group homes are the worst place you can be, the food sucks, the entertainment sucks, lights out at 8 pm no question... etc" I already have lost enough control, and I don't want to deal with that right now. After I came back from the phsyc ward, luckily they didn't commit me to stay there even after I've been their twice. What's really weird though is as soon as I got back my whole families atttitude toward me changed, they stopped talking about me missing my meetings, and they kept saying "O, the splint will make your face go back to it's original position" < (I developed BDD because grinding/Clenching made my masseter muscles enlarged, and displaced my articular discs) and encouraging things like that. Yeah, that's basically what happened and now I have to start my home-schooling and get my work done. Sayonara, thanks for taking the time to read my thread- I'm sorry I missed some of you're suggestions in this reply but I will definately try to get back here soon. It's amazing how you guys are so active even though you have busy lives (Anyways TATA for now) :D

• jgnat
    jgnat

The police officer sounded sympathetic, giving you the straight goods about group homes.

Suicide watch sucks, I realize, but it is only for a short time. The drugs to calm you down are again just for the short-term and then you should be getting proper medical follow-up to see if a longer-acting calming drug can help.

I'll betcha anything your family had a talking-to about not adding fuel to the fire.

Your mom needs help, she is doing self-harm.

• Demokan
    Demokan

Yes, she does need help. She is crazy, and I do admit that the police officer was being sympathetic for that one thing, but keeping me in cuffs wasn't neccesary because the same thing happened previously, and I wasn't cuffed for the last one (he even put my hands behind my back, it was so painful It lasted 1 hour+) s o I hate him too. There really isn't anything I can do about my mom's self-harming, she is just crazy and always has been, period. When she was disfelowshipped she hopped from man to man, and even used all the money for my university to pay her 3 boyfriend's ex-wife's bills, just to keep her quiet. We have all been to countless therapy sessions, and my mom is not getting anything through her head, she is, in my opinion, completely off her rockers. Anyways, things have calmed down here, currently I am just keeping to myself, but it's really hard with an aggrivating mother like her because she keeps acusing me of things that I didn't do. But yeah, as of today I am ok, a little drowsy due to the medication but I read online that the symptoms will reside soon. I took a 4 hour nap today, and I didn't get as much school work done as I wanted to which is the downside of the medication, but I do feel much more calmer internally, so that is a +. Thanks again, will keep you posted.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Demokan:

She watched this illuminati video about lady gaga being part of the illuminati and she won't let me listen to her music now.

Of course the illuminati stuff is nonsense, but at least some good has come of it. Maybe find some good music.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your disorder chains you to a very small space; your home. It sounds like you are doing as much as you can to make the best of it; setting personal goals in your homeschooling, and giving yourself challenges every day. It seems that despite your disorder, you need human contact and you seek connection where you can (yay internet!).

You are completely dependent on your mom and others in your home to keep it running so you don't have to leave. There's the mortgage, groceries, utilities. This puts a burden on them, especially your mother, that she did not expect to have. Is there an end in sight? What happens when you turn eighteen?

At the same time, your mom is a knife's edge from needing a rest at the hospital herself. What happens if she is not there to take care of you? In many locales there are respite services that give family members a break from round-the-clock care. Something like respite care might protect you from losing your caregivers altogether.

You are in a precarious situation.

You are a smart young man. You might start thinking what your life will look like after your schooling. Imagine what that life might look like if you continue to remain physically isolated from society. How will you work, buy groceries, get needed errands done? Will you be in an apartment?

I know your condition is different than Agoraphobia, but the results are very much the same, aren't they?

http://en.chessbase.com/post/tv-series-i-endgame-i-world-che-champion-turned-detective

• dog is god
    dog is god

I don't agree that you shoul call your mom a MF but I have to admit that I laughed out loud on that one. If I had done that I would not be alive to be writing to you. Try not to be hysterical and keep a daily record of everything and give it to your social worker. You know, I through my mom was the epitome of wisdom until I figured out (in my mid thirties....I know....I'm a quick study) that she was crazy. She could pass for normal but really she was crazy....it was not on purpose but there it is. Your family needs help but it isn't your job. Try to be respectful or go to you room, or take a walk. don't be stupid and do drugs or drink....you will end up worse than them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit