Top 10: Apostate Power Rankings -Who are/were the best apostates?

by kneehighmiah 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you only know Ray Franz, then he is easily the most effective apostate ever, to you.

I never joined the Church of Franz because I left the Watchtower before he did, not only date-wise but I left at an earlier age than he did.

I have had the good fortune to have "met" many apostates, some while they were alive and others only through their writings, whether they were alive or dead at the time I came to know them. Some I know better - more thoroughly - than others.

Each of apostates I mention has contributed something to the XJW community, E UNUM PLURIBUS.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you mean who has helped more individuals to see TTATT, I'd say Ray Franz and Paul Grundy. CoC and jwfacts are still two of the most referenced things to read on this and other boards. Neither are hateful or dogmatic. Just the facts, maam. Take what you want and leave the rest. No coersion. No arm twisting. No profiteering.

Doc

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

YHWH

JESUS CHRIST

Apostles

Sons of God

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Former JW's that were very prominent and you can find their testimonies online or wrote books are:

1. RAYMOND FRANZ - Former member of the Governing body & wrote 2 books demystifying the inner workings of the GB.

2. OLIN MOYLE - Former attorney under Rutherford. He wrote a letter to the Judge regarding abuse of power, vulgar language,

heavy drinking & violent temper of the Judge. His letter can be found by google search.

3. WALTER SALTER- Former Canadian Branch overseer. He also wrote the Judge a letter criticizing his abuse of members and enjoying a

high end lifestyle at the cost of the pioneers whos slaved for "the organization". His letter can also be found by google.

4. EDWARD DUNLAP - Former D.O., former Gilead registrar, former writing dept member. He was a victim of the 1980 witchhunt and DF'd.

You can find an audio interview of his on youtube.

5. MAXIMUS - This former D.O. posted on JWN under the name of "Maximus". He worked closely with N.H. Knorr in bethel and his posts are

very insightful. He should write a book or maybe he already did (Edmund C. Gruss?)

6. Bill Cetnar - He worked in the Service department during the 50's. He also worked with Knorr. Disfellowshipped for not agreeing with the

WT blood policy. He was a very dynamic speaker and exposed the WT as false prophets. Find him on youtube.

7. John Bechtel - Former member of the Service Department. Google search

8. Don Nelson - Former Gilead Missionary & C.O. . His story can be found via google.

9. Barbara Anderson - She worked in the Writing Dept with members of the GB. Has a great website: www.watchtowerdocuments.com

10. Jon Mitchell - Former secretary of the GB. He wrote a brochure about the true identity of the great crowd.

11. Rene Vazquez - Former D.O., Gilead grad, another victim of the 1980 witchhunt. Just recently gave his story after many years of silence.

He lives in Puerto Rico with his wife and have a successful real estate business. Find his story by googling him.

12. Tom Cabeen - Former Bethel elder, now Catholic. His story also online.

13. Randy Watters - Former Bethel elder and his website was probably the first one ever exposing the WT. www.freeminds.org

14. Jeff Byrges - His JWN name is "alltimejeff" Former Gilead Missionary. Very powerful testimony and great posts.

15. Awakened at gilead - Former Bethelite, special pioneer & Missionary. He posted a series of videos on youtube. He also posts here.

W.H. Conley

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Ray Franz never started a church did he? I thought he wrote his books and worked on odd jobs instead of doing the Church Circuit? Do you ever get the feelings Ray might have returned to the Watchtower if the Wicked Men who caste him out with the Sinners asked him to come back?

Ray's books are alive, sometimes I get the impression he is blasting the Organization while other pages show he does not want us becoming aggressive and greatly bitter against the Liars of New York, while other times he is sad they are all going to Hell! Hey, what did his writing style tell you about his personality? I don't think he had a ton of Ego or he would have stayed with the Watchtower and made President by 2000?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We all are the top.

We are part of the invisible and ficticious enemy the watchtower(R) invented.

We exist but not in the way the JWs think we exist. We are not the satanic bogeyman. We are dangerous to the money the watchtower corporation(R) wants.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ron Frye ?

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I found Ron Frye's stuff very helpful. I'm sure Ray Franz references him in one of his books, but a search led me to his Christian Respondent series. It's a little bit dated now, but always relevant.

Oh, and don't forget Luis Porretta - or as he was known on here, hillary_step. He was a heavy hitter on here up until about five years ago. Apparently he ruffled a few feathers in Brooklyn.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Duane Magnani

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Gary Busselman

(aka garybuss on JWD/JWN) http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/2848

I sure miss his posts.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit