Will the jw's get all excited about Russia in the Ukraine?

by hoser 19 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Usually when world events like this take place the dubs start into how the end must be so close they can almost taste it. Maybe there will be some speculation about the king of the North and south again.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Oh no.....the end is near, again........

I'm really going to Aux pioneer, now, for 30 hrs.

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

My father mentioned being slightly worried about not having his bug-out bag in order today, so yeah.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I know my parents and husband will be in a lather about this. Yet, I am calm, even after being raised a JW and having 40 years of brainwashing and occassional bouts of fear. After reading a little about history, you can see how things are repeated over and over again. Russian aggresson and war in Crimea are not new things. Yet the WTBTS will probably use this to attempt to get people out recruiting more.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh yes, it's what the WT has for years predicted would happen and now it is happening. (SEE! Told ya so!)

Oh wait!

Where's the cry of "Peace & Security"?

Where's the attack on Babylon the Great (false religion)?

Just a few months ago the threat was going to be China. Where's that now?

??????????????????????

My elderly mother just mentioned her "to-go bag" recently. If she really took everything on the list, it would take 2 U-hauls.

Doc

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The King of the North returns

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"bug out bag" "to go bag"? Like emergency preparedness kits for cult members who are too poor to make fallout shelters?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The ads on the side of this site scare me. Somehow I ended up with a Mormon brochure to purchase enough food for several years. I had not seen seen anything like it since the 1950s and nuclear testing. The language of the brochure made it sound religious.

Has anyone ever researched where they pull their political science from? Their predictions don't show much knowledge of history or global concerns. I can see a convert believing these are heavenly happenings. How do multigenerational families, such as mine, manufacture enthusiasm for the nth time? I was still afraid of Armageddon but my mom's telling me about an earlier date and its failure made it a little less scary.

• prologos
    prologos

WT leadership in the late 30s thought 'the Great tribulation' would be triggered by WW2, conversation between Knorr and Fredrick the Great: " well, the Great Crowd is not so great after all". and now 80 years later theses parallells, a PUshy leader, like Hitler gloating over a major medal sweep in the Olympics he staged, and flexing his muscels on the boarder, ready to reclaim 'lost territories' defending his countries, expat countrymen's INTERESTS' and the other parallell,

a charismatic leader seeing a major foreign power setting up base too close to his heartland (Kennedy and Kuba), and reacting with military might.

Scary for the population, but Obama will not trade Washington/ New York for Kiev/ Moscow in an exchange. IF he did it would be

the last "scrap of evidence", -to use a 'cofty'-, to have at least one bible promise acted on by the well hidden creator: Rev. 11:18, "it's time to destroy those destroying the Earth"

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The King of the North returns

In the last year the JW's have probably thought Iran, then North Korea, then China, and now Russia is the King of the North. The truth is they do not have a clue. Nothing they ever say is true. They are false prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit