What is / was the first thing(s) you looked forward to doing once you were out for good?

by SecretHeart11 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

For me, it was going to churches. I was going to find the true christianity!

S

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Finally asking out a girl I like at school

ummm, sleeping in on weekends?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dude, get your priorities straight.

Ask the girl out.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had nothing specific in mind when I first walked. I was unsure as to my direction, and how to use the new found freedom.

I was not even conscious of exactly how free to choose I was, until my old J.W Mum asked me about something I planned to do, which was wrong in several ways from the WT warped viewpoint, Mum said "But you can't do that !".

I replied, "Mother, I can do what I like". After I had said it I realised just how free I was, totally free to make my own decisions based on proper morality.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Lol vidiot I've been getting these really annoying "hints" from her friends that I should stop being such a pussy and ask her out already blah blah

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I moved in with my boyfriend on Christmas Eve....two on my list of things to do

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DuvanMuvan - "Lol vidiot I've been getting these really annoying 'hints' from her friends that I should stop being such a pussy and ask her out already blah blah"

Hints from her friends that you should ask her out are annoying?

WTF???

Buddy, I'd have happily given my left testicle for wingmates like that when I was a young guy.

Let us know how it goes, yeah?

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Let us know how it goes, yeah?

Yeah but I've decided that I'm gonna wait a bit though. I literally only stopped going to the meetings on Sunday (that was my last one). If I start going out with her straight away my mum will think I only left because of her. Then the elders are gonna be more annoying than they were before.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...............................................................................No More WBT$..

................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DuvanMuvan - "Yeah but I've decided that I'm gonna wait a bit though. I literally only stopped going to the meetings on Sunday (that was my last one). If I start going out with her straight away my mum will think I only left because of her. Then the elders are gonna be more annoying than they were before."

Okay, then, but I suggest you work that into your strategy; you can still be proactive as you "wait a bit".

Find pretexts to chat for a bit with her from time to time (if her friends say she's into you, that won't be hard, trust me), and if the conversations end up going in the direction of personal aspects about your respective lives, be up front and tell her about the situation.

Just a short version, mind you; be frank and confident (women are attracted to confidence - it's why douchebags always seem to inexplicably have girlfriends), but don't let on that your fade is neccesarily connected to her (let her wonder that for herself).

Ask her to keep it confidential, too - it implies that you're trusting her over others, and people love that feeling.

If she's genuinely worth pursuing, she'll be impressed with how you're dealing with it and you'll know it by her behavior and body language.

If she's not, it's probably a deal-breaker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit