Today's day's text

by tornapart 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

I fumed when I read this. Enjoy picking it apart friends...

Become imitators of God.—Eph. 5:1

One way to imitate Jehovah is to adopt his viewpoint regarding matters. Jehovah hates sin, and so should we. Indeed, we ought to move as far away from wrongdoing as possible and not see how close we can get to it without being overcome by sin. For instance, we need to guard against succumbing to apostasy, a sin that would make us unfit to glorify God. (Deut. 13:6-9) Let us therefore have nothing to do with apostates or any one who claims to be a brother but who is dishonoring God. This should be the case even if he is a family member. (1 Cor. 5:11) We are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates or those who are critical of Jehovah’s organization. In fact, it is spiritually dangerous and improper to peruse their information, whether it appears in written form or it is found on the Internet.—Isa. 5:20; Matt. 7:6. w12 5/15 4:12, 13

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Thats why I no longer read printed material by WTBTS and why I don't visit JW.ORG

• label licker
    label licker

What about the apostates that changed the bible and their doctrine? Oh, and the other apostates that followed those apostates that made those changes? Every time those apostates change something, they are apostating against their own previous doctrines and can't see it. Wow! Are they running scared.

Watchtower will changed anything including the bible to suit their doctrine or shall I say their motive/agenda.

• clarity
    clarity

"One way to imitate Jehovah is to adopt his viewpoint regarding matters.

Jehovah hates sin, and so should we."

Oh ya ...... adopt his viewpoint ...hmmm let's see now,

David murdered Bathsheba's husband to cover up the fact

that David screwed around with her & now ta da ...she was preggers!

But ..... it is all good, David was still a man precious to J's heart,

soooo J just killed the little kid to teach some sort of lesson & that

made David A OK!

But ...this only works IF you keep being happyfied

and don't say anything about .....a n y t h i n g !

clarity

• prologos
    prologos

Using the daily text with JWs to plant seeds is an act without hypocricy. The above quotation contains the line: "-- we ar not benefited by trying to refute their [apostates] arguments--- it is spiritually dangerous--" question to jw: " how about if you loose such argument?" "how&why could you ever loose such argument if you have thr truth?" --" is it not a benefit that you now can do deeper research how to win an argument on TTATT argument next time.

or yesterday's text: " the flood began in 2370 BC, when were the pyramids build ? "

• mouthy
    mouthy

That is LOVE!!! Oh Yes it is the Watchtower love.That is why my daughter two grandkids,4 greatkids
    must not talk,see me, think of me.do exactly as the WT says.

They are very obediant. I wonder when they will all drink the coolaid?( like another cult did)
    I wonder if the Guys at the top,will light a match & they will all know they must burn in a fire( like another cult?

All I can do is what i do morning noon & night & several times in the middle of those times PRAY for them.

Mind control!!!!!! If only they really read the BIBLE- Where it tells them how to get to GOD!!!!

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!He is the WAY! TRUTH! Life ....

I dont need any more rocks for my garden thanks so dont chuck em. The snow is up to my winddows,

Both my ceiling have been leaking so I have load of buckets of water...So if you chuck a rock,it might

come through the leak & kill me ((((((YOU KNOW YOU WOULD ALL MISS ME))))

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The branch of course knows that the more people feel emboldened to engage opposing views (not neccesarily book definitions of "apostate"), that they will run up against things that cause the cognative dissonance that can eventually lead people to break free mentally. They can call it succumbing to false teachings all they like, and maybe even believe it, but they know the deal. So many thousands have left the organization for various reasons.

One thing that was always interesting to me, was the born again Christians standing outside of the convention. The attendants would refer to them as "apostates". My comment was always, why do you think they are apostates? They aren't ex-JW's, they are zealous Christians. Didn't we stand outside of Churches and hand out pamplets to people leaving their places of meeting?

This is when I was appointed and firm. It still didn't make sense to me.

But this is the genius of re-writing the words definition. Anything in opposition to your faith, even a family member who is "critical of the organization", is automatically lumped in as an apostate....a helper of Satan.....a group who has no more play in the ransom of jesus.

I mean it really is a trip.

• humbled
    humbled

This is what is their gravest sin as a religious mouthpiece and bible corruptor:

"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of the one true God and the one whom he sent forth, Jesus Christ." John 17:3

Nothing justifies this translation, not scholarship, not reason.

The idea that Jesus spoke this as a segue to the everlasting-learning-program-of-everlasting-publishing-of-new-knowledge-by-the-WTBTS is revolting and dishonest.

They knock on your door and say ,"Read this scripture."

So you do.

Then they ask you, "What does that mean to you?"

You tell them.

Then they ask, "Is that what you have been taught?"

No, you say (the scripture is carefully mapped for this response)

"Do you need a priest or preacher to tell you what the bible says?"

NO?

So you are on your way to never ever know God (how could you, you are only a sheep. But we will cram nu-lite into you until you glow. You thought other churches forced dogma? HaHaHa! )

You are set up for life-time bible study--the very picture of "ever learning but never coming to an understanding".

Enough of the rant.

APOSTATES--indeed....................

• KateWild
    KateWild

Its a cult and this is how they stop current members talking to former members, repetitive indoctrination will keep current member sared to talk to former members. The language is loaded which makes the definition of an apostate scary to a JW and even some DF'd JWs wont talk to former members that have left for legitimate reasons regarding doctrines and scandles.

Thanks tornapart

Kate xx

• nugget
    nugget

This is all about control, don't talk to those who have doubts or those in the organisation that aren't totally conditioned. It is fear of discovery that prompts this not fear of contamination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit