Can god see into the future?

by DuvanMuvan 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: If god could see into the future, why has he allowed so many bad things to happen?

A.: He's fucking with you, man!

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Lol newyork I hate the word "evidently" now

That quote that blonde posted from the wt just makes it a lot worse for them. How could a wise, all-knowing god not know to "selectively" use his abilities to, hmmm.... Idk? Stop the deaths of billions of innocent people???? Did I miss an awake article where they declared basic logic and reason were punishable by df or something because this is pretty ridiculous.

Nvr2l8 that's so true. Some "heavenly father". Can't be bothered to move a freaking fruit tree out of the middle of a garden. Well I guess it's ok seeing as how he didn't make some un-breakable universal law that makes it so that the children of imperfect people are imperfect and have no chance of living forever. Oh wait, that's what someone with a normal functioning brain would do, forgot we were talking about Jehovah here.

*rant mode off*

• prologos
    prologos

DM: what is bad is a question of perspective: take pain, I hate it. but it is most effective tool to prevent further injury, to take measures to not be bitten by a lion, bear, snake, mosquito -- AGAIN.

The death of a weak, finished member of a heard is a god-sent (oops) for the hungry predator and it's offspring.

Eartquakes, tsumamis, asteroid strikes? tools of the trade .

death, even of stars is essential inevitable, so why would PREMATURE death? miscarriages might protect us from greater tragedies.

your take : witness or not? I am witnessing fantastic things all the time. surprise me. I am glad the future (plenty of untravelled TIME) will always be there.

• prologos
    prologos

thank you for the discussion. I learned to define the future for myself:

the future is pristine TIME, yet untravelled.

I imagine that god, if he is made in our image, can not see any features on it either.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

You're welcome I guess... Don't really get what you were saying. Except maybe what you said god being made in our image and not the other way around, that's pretty interesting to think about.

• prologos
    prologos

DM My observation was more directed to the nature of time rather than God per se.

Time can be thought of as eternal, and we travel through it. So the future is like newly fallen snow. time untouched. The future as far as we are involved is empty. nothing to see for anyone.

Can god make predictions? we can; calculate ecclipses of the moon millenia in advance (next one at 2014 memorial). God can calculate commensurate with his capacity, and "he plays dice", some think.

or we can predict thunder. every time you see lightening, you can predict the later arrival of thunder. and 'it will be soon' ^tm wtbts, -- not later than 10 seconds.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Yes he can but he waits so that he can save as many as possible at tha big A.

oh wait, every year that goes by means he has to kill more people as the population increases

Never mind!

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

@mynameislame i never thought of it like that before. If the growth of the wtbs is lower than the population growth then by waiting, god is killing more people every day. i would look up the statistics but I'm too lazy. 13 years and counting fast-paced video games and tv shows really chip away at your attention span. Wish somebody would have told me that BEFORE this happened. But I guess it doesn't matter. Not like there's an all powerful deity that's so interested in us humans and actually wants us to enjoy life or anything.

• cofty
    cofty

Russell taught that god foreknew that Adam and Eve would fail and that it was all part of his "Divine Plan of the Ages"

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

DuMu

Did I miss an awake article where they declared basic logic and reason were punishable by df or something because this is pretty ridiculous.

THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) DECEMBER 2013

Avoid Being “Quickly Shaken From Your Reason”!

Just notice the question for paragraph 9-

9. Why should we be on guard if someone begins to speculate or to speak critically?

So if we are created in God's image should we not also have foresight and if applied see into the future, atleast our own potential future?

Truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit