What's The Most Important Thing In A Relationship To You?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is it sex?

Simply getting along?

Someone that makes you laugh?

What???

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Communication & Laughter. Sex is good, but when you get old like Abraham & Sarah, & can't do it anymore...than what's left...Communication & Laughter...To say, I can't anymore or it's not working... maybe we can cuddle...That's communication....then because either of the partners can't or don't want to, that's where the laughter comes in....You have to be able to let it roll sometimes....don't take life to seriously....I know we women at times read too much into things, but when we really think about it...it's not that serious..Men are better able to say it & let it go...

The other important thing is not to let any organization tell you what should be important to you...

If you are a witness & married, their bedroom is their business, if you are single witness, your bedroom is everybody's business...I'm just saying..

Legacy

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

Trust, without it all the rest just won't work.

I think my husband is funny, has the sick kinda humor I like.

I like thinking my mate is my best friend. I'd never be rude to a friend so why would I be rude to him, etc.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Being able to talk about one's deepest thoughts and feelings without fear of reprisal

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Trust, of course, and friendship. My hubby and I are together 24/7 in a house that is 5 times smaller than what we were used to, and we're working together in the same (internet)business... If we weren't each other's best friends, we wouldn't be able to handle this situation, since there's not really a way to have some privacy (well, in the bathroom maybe haha)

We have the same weird sense of humour, we like each other's strange habits and also like to tease one another with that... We have always lots to talk about and love to make plans for the future and then work out ways to realize them (we call ourselves 'the A-team' hahaha, "we love it when a plan comes together!" tatatataaaaaa ta ta taaaaaa ) and what happens in the bedroom... stays in the bedroom . Oh and another thing is that we have learned really well how to fight and argue, so every now and then we have a quarrel... like a summerly thunder and lightning, a little bit of fresh rain to clear the air.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The kinda guy who would walk to the store when I wanted wine, in the rain!!

Seriously, someone who is my friend.no matter what.who doesn't judge me.who says I look great whatever.who believes in me more than I do.

When you are sick, looks after you. Supports you, even if they don't agree.

Buys feminine hygiene products.

Cleans up after your cat.

sex.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Understanding.

Sylvia

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

That's a good question. Reopened Mind and me will be married for 40 years at the end of march. So what has keep us together for so many years? One could say good commuication but there is more to it than that. Trust is very important. Trust that our mate will never do anything that will hurt the other in deed and speech. Forgiveness in each other short comings. Talking to each other in a loving way. We use love and dear when we talk to each other. Just knowing we have been to hell and back with each other makes us very close to each other. I could go on and on. But what is the most important thing in a relationship to me. Knowing every morning and during the day and the last thing before we go to sleep is hugging and kissing each other. It never grows old and proof we still love each other and want to be part of each other lifes. Still Totally ADD

• minimus
    minimus

Being a good friend is a primary component. And having someone that truly gets you, understands you, makes it easier to deal with life's ups and downs.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Agree mimimus. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit