God stacked the deck against mankind

by nowwhat? 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

ok God lets Cain live and allows him to procreate into a godless nation, then he allows angels to come down to earth have offspring. so what do have? a very wicked violent society. we are told he felt regret that he made man. well what did he expect would happen? why did he not do intervene with a preemptive strike before things got out of hand? but felt the need to intervene at the tower of babel. if nothing else humans were united and could have grown into a decent society. so by separating into different ethnic groups, it led to warring nations and thousands of years of bloodshed. i know i am inviting lots of snarky responces, but that's ok.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If there was such a deity, the only reason she would act that way would be to derive some sort of perverted pleasure from the suffering of her creation.

• designs
    designs

Its all because heaven wasn't Unionized. When you let Right Wind demagogues make the rules instead of the proliteriate things can go very wrong.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Designs!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Of course he "stacked the deck". How else could he win his challenge against Satan over universal sovreignty.

This was something that always troubled me as a JW. According to their theology, God created them perfect, in his image. And then the issue of sovreignty was raised by Satan, and God accepted the challenge. But in order to do so, he had to infect humanity with death and imperfection. In essence, God cheated in order to win his bet with Satan.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Actually god pigeon holed Cain into a bad situation:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/163846/1/Does-cain-get-a-bad-rap#.UxCqhvk7t8E

he later did the same against those building the tower of babel:

link

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202031/1/Tower-of-Babel-built-by-Babies#.UxCrDvk7t8E

Once I learned TTATT I realized you cannot get out of the book of genesis without realizing the bible is a flawed work of fiction.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yes! It all goes back to the fact that there is no issue of Universal Soveriegnty being decided right now. Because people STILL haven't had the chance to try to rule themselves and see if they can. They have had spirit meddling since the beginning. How can you let demons mate with people, control countries and cause wars and then say humans can't do it on their own. They haven't had a chance!!!!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

left out the most important part!! that's why in all the different ancient civilizations, they have legends of gods of coming down to earth. which only led to more confusion. why did'nt God foresee this?

• sspo
    sspo

How about if we agree that there is no God and it's all man made bull shit because all the reasoning in explaining creation, Adam, Satan, Jehovah trying to prove something does not make any sense.

• pbrow
    pbrow

As the late Hitchens said....

"A god that made us sick and commanded us to be well"

RIP Christopher Hitchens

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit