Jehovahs witnesses dont have the name of GOD right so how can they be his witnesses

by smiddy 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

The tetragrammaton ,does not appear anywhere in the Christian Greek Scriptures See the New World kingdom Interlinear translation

The tetragrammaton translated in english is YHWH ( not JHVH) their is no J in hebrew.

The first edition of the book " Aid To Bible Understanding" admits that the proper pronunciation of Gods name is not known.

That they have used the name Jehovah because it is the more popular name used in Christendoms religions. And they say Christendoms religions are apostates / anti christs /Babylon The Great , can they have it both ways ?

In Isaiah43 :10 -10 Gods name is Jehovah ? Since when ? , the name jehovah never came up before the 13th century A.D.

And the JEWS AFTER THE SCRIPTURE OF ISAIAH 43:10 NEVER EVER IDENTIFIED THEMSELVES AS JEHOVAHS WITNESSES

aND FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST ARE BY" DIVINE PROVIDENCE" TO BE CALLED CHRISTIANS .

SMIDDY

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Acts: ch 11 v25-26 And he left for Tarsus to look for Saul; and when he had found him, he bought him to Antioch. And it came about that for the entire year they met with the church, and taugh considerable numbers; and the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch.

WOZ

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This point of what Gods name really is and if it even matters if we should use it always bothered me. Jesus does'nt use it in the model prayer you think he would have mentioned something if it was so vital to salvation. Surely a being that could create the universe wouldnt be so hung up about it. I cant imagine wanting to destroy an otherwise good person because they didnt get my unpronouncable name right. The WT just like to make out they have God on speed dial.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they prefer "Jehovah" because they think it slightly distances them from the Vengeful Desert God Yahweh.

I quite like Richard Dawkins' character asessment of Jehovah :

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust , unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

I don't think Richard likes Big J much, and neither do I.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I don't think Richard likes Big J much-phizzy

Yeah for a biologist he is rather a fundamentalist type, especially with the use of his adjectives. I think that he inhibits those who believe in God learning about evolution. God an evolution are not mutually exclusive.

I don't like Richard much, having said that I don't like God much either, but I do believe in him.

Kate xx

• zebagain
    zebagain

alright Phizzy now tell us what you really think.!

• smiddy
    smiddy

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust , unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

I couldnt have put it better myself

smiddy

• designs
    designs

smiddy- The spelling Jesus never came about until about the same time as the spelling Jehovah.

• designs
    designs

What's so great about Jesus- Matthew 25:46

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If I was asked by two Elders " Do you still consider yourself a Jehovah's Witness ?" (as I was last time the Inquisition called, you never expect them you know, see Monty Python) how would I reply ?

Well, as I don't wish to be DA'd or DF'd I would reply , "yes I do !"

The fact that I "witness" to the Truth that the Name is a mixed up muddle based on ignorance, and that Big J is exactly as Dawkins says above, "the most unpleasant character in all fiction" will escape them, but in my mind I am certainly "witnessing" about the odious Jehovah.

The "witness" JW's give about him is a false witness, mine is true. So there. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit