District Assembly arrangements 2014.

by quellycatface 17 Replies latest jw friends

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

According to jw.org the convention dates are 22-24th August.

So that's in the school holidays, and on a bank holiday weekend.

All of that makes it a very expensive time to find accommodation in central London.

Well done governing body, always putting the rank & file first.

• Laika
    Laika

According to jw.org the convention dates are 22-24th August.

So it does, I must have got some bad info, I hope you didn't book that holiday Frazzled!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

A LOT of UK Witnesses are unhappy about this.

Everyone I know has groaned about going to Twicks on the bank holiday weekend. Friday and Sunday will be a bitch on the roads.

My in-laws are going to Twicks from the South coast. Each day on a coach (no accom for them). So they have to get at god knows what o'clock, and go to a nearby town. Get on the bus (6am I think) and then sit on that to Twicks. The repeat home. They hope to be home by 10pm...for each day!

My mother is in North Essex and I understand they're assigned to Twicks too. After going to a local football stadium for a few years. They've also got a hell journey for 3 days.

So cue lots of cheesed of Jay Dubs.

Happifying indeed!

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Here in America we now have to travel 3+ hours away. Many people cannot afford hotels. Some will be either staying how or taking a bus back and forth every day. Yes a 6 hour round trip! Many people who have been used to a local convention for 20+ years are not prepared for this expense and the are not at all hapy about it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The somewhat sad and disturbing part of all this moving Assemblies further away from condensedly populated

areas just to save money, is that in rich countries like the US, UK, Canada they have the money to afford the

bigger venues. The WTS. withholds information that they have actually millions on hand to spend.

The deluded JWS have no idea.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so no Plymouth/Bournmouth/Southampton for the South West based Dubs?, if thats the case the roads around Twickenham will be at a total gridock, there could be 50k a day descending down to there, the roads are dreadfull at the best of times!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Woe beside you if you're not there, I bet. Jehovah will be angry.

I deliberately missed Cardiff last year and spent the money on us as a family.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I attended my last District Convention, as they were known then, back in 2006. I was still a Meeting attending JW then. Nobody missed us LOL

I was inactive as regards F.S at the time, awaiting a visit from an Elder who was going to prove 1914 to me. He never made that visit.

One Bro was talking to me about the D.C, and I could see the quizzical look on his face as I evidently knew nothing of what had gone on, but I never confirmed to him that I had given it a miss.

If you are now in a similar position to me then, give the bugger a miss ! there are so many much, much more better things to do on a Holiday weekend !

Give your family a break, Mrs Phizzy didn't mind giving the 2007 one a miss. She really enjoyed our weekend.

I think we went to the next C.A after that, can't remember for sure.

We have enjoyed free weekends ever since 2008.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit