District Assembly arrangements 2014.

by quellycatface 17 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My JW mother drives me nuts. She lives in quite a cut-off part of the UK and this year, is expected to travel to HQ (rugbyfans), aka Twickenham. She's great to make the trip, it's like a spiritual holiday for her.

I said I thought it ridiculous and unreasonable for the GB to expect people to travel that far and pay for accommodation near London. It's okay for her as she is quite comfortably off. BUT what about those families who aren't? Will the WT pay help to pay their way? Will they hell!!

My Mum said and here we go, "Jehovah will bless those people who make the journey to their assemblies." No practical advice then? Just Jehovah bless and all that crap again.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

What are the dates for that great gathering?

• alanv
    alanv

You should be thankful they are not seven day assemblies like they were years ago. Even in the 1990s they were four days, now I believe they are three.

And the circuit assemblies are now down to one day. What with the weekly meetings being cut as well, witnesses should have more time available to them now. They even do less hours in the preaching work than say 20 years ago.

• Laika
    Laika

Frazzled, it's first weekend in August.

My brother could have stayed with me which is 30 minutes from Twickenham but he has to stay in a hotel because I'm an evil apostate. Ah well.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

QCF -

Shame on you I say!! You are not keeping up with the pure language spoken on Jehoobie's Celestial Trolley/ Cart/ Barrow

They are now REGIONAL a$$emblies. Anybody will know you are an apostate, because you speak not the pure tongue. As in the Shibboleth test, you are doomed.....

OUT! OUT! damned one.

HB

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Is there more than one Regional this year, they used to have about 6 DC's ?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's an international this year. Twickers is the hub for the UK. There are some other sites in the UK but Twickers is basically doing all the south and south west below the M4 down to Cornwall. Kent & Essex to the Excel. Wales to Cardiff.

All the VIPs will be at Twickers and then a number of talks piped out to the other site.

It will be so happifying.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Sounds like I need to be planning a family holiday in Europe the first week in August. Maybe I should book the flights right now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I love it when they all trundle off to the Big Yawn, it means I won't run in to any as I enjoy a cigar outside my favourite seaside Pub.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People's mental delusions are theirs to deal with, I have parents who are JWs and I just let things be.

Just smile and say thats nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit