Is the Watchtower Destroying All Thinking Skills of New Witness, Compare them to when you were in the Organization!

by RottenRiley 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Many JWs don't know the basic doctrines we all use to debate the clergy with.

JWs don't know the Bible, the know a few proof-texts but can't handle the Bible like the Witnesses of 1950s-1990s, what happened?

The caliber of the new Elders is horrible when compared with the Elders of 1950s-1990s, they don't know how to use their Bible, they are turning towards Orgnazational minor details while ignoring the Bible and Gospel Message.

What happened to the Great Education the Watchtower and Awake once provided(or so they claimed), now it's a Readers Digest Version, ripped to Sixteen Pages, so is the Watchtower's Collective Brain-Power slowly dying? What was it like when you were out in Field Service?

The Honey Carts, they are making the Witnesses even more socially incompetent because people are counting time standing around as Evangelization, how can they be a "Phillip the Evangelizer" when they don't talk to people?

Do you remember how many doors and people you spoke to? Are modern day Witnesses as Bible Educated as we were? The Generation of Bible Students who knew the Bible has passed away, soon there is going to be a App to replace the JW and only donations will be requested instead of their time.

• zebagain
    zebagain

who said it was about the bible.? When people are baptised what is the 'oath' taken? its all about the society.I cant recall what it is please advise me.

and since when did wt want its members to think?

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

My Dad was an old-style JW and a formidable adversary on Bibical subjects. He literally knew his Bible inside out. I think he'd struggle to prove the GB was now the FDS and that alone could have made him have second thoughts about the viability of the WT organisation.

He was so au fait with his Bible that he could give a public talk with only the scriptural references for notes. Once, after I'd left, he phoned me and I mentioned that I was suffering with piles. He immedediately quoted a scripture that stated somethimng about those deserting would have a sore arse - something like that anyway.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The new breed of JWs are more subserviant to the Holy GB.

The whole thing is more legalistic these days.

The WBT$ want the JWs to be unthinking followers. Hence the simplified stuff?

Back in the day even being in the cult was more interesting. As inaccurate as it was the 'Babylon book(TM)' at least had some oomph with it.

The WBT$ has now become an austere clinical money grabbing machine with no feeling or compassion....unless it's to protect paedophiles.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The whole process of induction in to the cult demands nowadays that the acolyte suspends all critical thinking, however slight and insubstantial such thinking may be.

Awkward questions have to be shelved, put to the back of the mind, and then lost, the new member will find. Never to be answered.

It struck me in the last few months before I left, that the the JW religion was, as I put it in my mind, a "Spiritual Desert", there was no real understanding of what the Bible actually said, not just on what we might call Doctrinal matters, but even on the small things, the "study" was so Lite and superficial that it really had no content, certainly none of any worth, or of real interest.

If a new member comes in on this basis, non-thinking, and then gets no real bible education, even of the kind we had in the fifties to say, the eighties, then they simply cannot be of high calibre.

The dumbing down has been going on for decades, the ignorant are more easily led and controlled, and they stay and continue to contribute.

The WT really do not want people with several sparking brain-cells in their midst.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I noticed the difference when I went back last year from 2009.It's not about God or Jesus anymore.it's a business.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Thinking Skills" are dirty words to the current crop of J W's.. Instead they seem to pride themselves on simple unquestioning obedience

Today they have: short, snappy articles to read, pretty pictures to discuss: a simplified W/tower : a new Bible that has less words and simple expressions

JUST DO AS YOU ARE TOLD, AND YOU WILL BE ALL RIGHT

• subytrek
    subytrek

I agree. I am born in and I think most of the ones that had some brain power have either left or have resigned any responsibility. I remember years ago I would get into good discussions on the Bible at the door, but to some of my partners they looked like arguments. Shortly after that, it seemed there some articles in the Kingdom Ministry discouraging debates at the door. Since then it seems any time the householder makes any objection the Witnesses don't argue too much and leave.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

For a century they have been telling us that we can come to a true understanding of the Bible ONLY by reading and studying their publications.

They ain't jokin'.

You can't trust your neighbors, your relatives, your heart, your emotions, your ability to reason, your thoughts...your mind. You MUST NOT read the Bible alone or on your own.

You MUST trust them exclusively (loyalty) and without question (doubts).

No longer does a gray area, conscience matter or personal choice exist in the organization/congregation.

Those days are long gone.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit