Jehovah doesn't like laws!

by Separation of Powers 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I was speaking to a friend who went to the Circuit Assembly a couple weeks ago. He actually taped a portion of the first talk cause he said the DO was pretty entertaining. The DO said something like - Jehovah doesn't like laws. You know why? What do people do when they have a law? They look for a loophole! So, he helps us to know what he's thinking so that we can come decisions for ourselves...that's what you call a principle.

Now, am I misunderstanding something here? If JAH doesn't like laws, what was that whole mosaic thing about?

What is more, if we are to decide what Jehovah's thinking, then shouldn't we all be able to determine what principles apply? OR do only a SPECIAL group of people have the privilege of knowing what he is thinking so that THEY can tell us what can and can not be done?

Just a thought,

SOP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah doesn't like laws.

...Then ask him why Jehovah did`nt call these..

....................The 10 Suggestions?!!..

....................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Syme
    Syme

Brother Separation of Powers,

I am afraid you have just committed the sin of THINKING.

You will have to be processed for interrogation and correction, so that you dispose yourself of your sin. After you repent, you will be vaporized, so that no memory of your grave sin is being held for future generations. No one will know you ever existed. You will not cease to exist, merely; you will cease to ever HAVE existed.

Sincerely,

The Secretary for the Ministry of Love

(that was clearly a parody, inspired by Orwell, showing what really is the most lethal sin in every totalitarian status: the sin of thinking. You do this, and you're done.)

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Yea why was it the 10 commandments instead of the 10 principles.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JEHOVAH of the Watchtower loves laws and loopholes! Just ask Candice Conti, or this guy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCzxajZxqs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..............................Or..

10 Things you Might Want to Think About ..

...................If You Get The Time..

.................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think the reasoning here is that the Mosaic Law was given out of necessity because of the Jews being a difficult people.

I've heard this thought about principles vs. laws expressed a number of times. And in fact, you are free to determine how to apply the principles in the Bible... as long as you come to the same conclusions as what the slave is writing in the literature. Isn't that nice?

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

In all fairness. The "ten commandments" weren't referred to as such until the Geneva Bible. The "ten sayings" is a more accurate translation. They are indeed referred to as principles by most scholars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah doesn't like laws! .... Really ?????

Then why did he set about the many laws in the bible, establishment laws that true followers of him were to follow to

show loyalty and faith inspired dedicated devotion ?

There were even laws established concerning false prophets.

Sounds like this DO is dismissing god's laws for his own or perhaps ones created by the WTS. Corporation.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I vowed never to comment on legal matters. There are at least three versions of the Ten Commandments. The text differs, and there are theological differences b/c of the difference in text.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit