Bizarre comment about jw.org at SAD

by sir82 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I agree with cantleave - it is just how the algo works - luck (or maybe good management - do they have a computer geek at Bethel who worked out how the algo works and so suggested JW.org for exactly that reason?) but I am sure the GB will see J's hand in there

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

"Isn't that a loving provision for our safety?"

That line alone absolutely nauseates me. - ShirleyW

I totally agree. It's like they are saying:

"Isn't it nice Big Brother/Mommy is taking care of us...since we are so helpless and stupid on our own."

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

addendum...

so apperantly if you type JW. (without hitting enter) it auto completes the search with JWFACTS being the 4th result down...but if you hit enter after typing JW. it is as Sir82 said no appearant "appostate" stuff.

strange....

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am not sure how true this all is. I know a few months ago Cedars did an experiment with jwsurvey and google. His website came up just above jw.org for a period of time.

Kate xx

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's strange they'd rather you google "jw" than "jehovah."

• Viviane
    Viviane

This is such non-sense. Google results are calculated by an algorithm that is subject to influence from no one except someone's own search optimization efforts. Google will put results at top that are sponsored, meaning paid for ads, but that is not the same as doing the WT a favor.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

JW.org could sponsor themselves to be first. Can't they? Why is that so out of the realm of possibility?

If I type in JW. I get nothing about ex JW's for several pages. To vague. JW.org is the first site to pop up.

If I type inanything else, including jw.org, I get JWfacts as number 4 on the list. JW.org still number one.

I am sure it is fine if it is number one. I am abslutely posative it is visited by 10's of thousands of people a day, especially if it is being used in the ministry now, and everyone got the ok to use the tech.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When I type "JW" into google, I get " JW Pepper; JWOWW; JW Marriott"

When I type "JW." into google, I get "jw.org; jwfacts.com; jwleaks.org"

Of course, perhaps Google "remembers" sites I have visited already. Although I have no idea about JW Pepper or JWWOW.

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JW Pepper is a music publisher!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

When I search 'JW' in Google, with or without period, JW.org is on top and number seven (last on the first page) is JWfacts.com.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit