My DA from the WBT$ 'membership'.

by punkofnice 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I posted this on the private board 2 years ago but now don't care who sees this as I'm no longer in hiding from the WBT$ cult members.

These are transcripts of the 2 letters I recieved leading up to my being DA'd (not DF'd), for apostacy(TM)

Dear Punk
    I am aware that you have requested that there be no contact from the congregation, but there is an outstanding matter that needs to be resolved, and we would like to have your co-operation in resolving it.

You will realize from your years as a witness that you are presently considered to be a member of the congregation, even though it is now some months since you have attended any meetings. We feel that it is now time for us to clarify the situation, and with that in mind we would like to ask you to meet briefly with myself and (Brother Thinkshesimportant) in order for us to outline what action the congregation proposes to take, and give you an opportunity of expressing your wishes in this connection.

If you do not wish to meet with us, we would appreciate it if you would be good enough to put in writing your position with regard to your membership of the congregation.

Thank you for your attention to this, I hope you are in good health and look forward to your response

Dear Punk

I understand from (Mrs Punk) that you do not intend to reply to my recent letter, but the matter of your membership of the congregation still to be resolved.

We have had reports from several sources that you are now attending a church in Peterborough, and I am sure you will realise that if this is the case it is not compatible with your membership of the congregation.

We would like now to resolve this matter, and this in mind we have arranged a meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Friday September 23rd at the Kingdom Hall at (address). We would like you to attend this meeting so that you can have an opportunity of making your position clear and we can hear firsthand what you wish to do. This meeting will be of a judicial nature in view of the scriptures at 1 John 2:19, 2 John 9, etc.

If you would like to attend this meeting but the date is not convenient for you, you may contact the writer of this letter (I’m Sogreat) on 01xxx xxxxx or 07xxx xxxxxx or email xxxxxx@gmail.....

If you do not wish to attend, perhaps you would do us the courtesy of writing to make your position clear and what you wish to do with regard to your membership of the congregation. I would add that if you decide not to attend we reserve the right to make a decision in your absence.

Over the years there have been a number who stopped associating with the congregation for one reason or another, and some of these have resumed their meeting attendance and service after a time, having missed the fine association with spiritually-minded individuals. There certainly is a fine spirit in the congregation, and we believe this to be an evidence of Jehovah's blessing. It is our hope that you will one day join with us in this fine, loving and peaceful association.

We hope you are in good health and we look forward to your response.

Yours etc.

3 signatures

Bro I’msogreat

Bro Thinkshesimportant

Bro Reluctant

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The passive-agressive nature of this organization is very clear in these letters. They're just bullies. Good for you for getting out.

• KateWild
    KateWild

You are getting bolder and more confident with your choices as time passes, good for you. Kate xx

• humbled
    humbled

Punk,

Is this like a "break-up" letter where he/she can see the marriage is obviously in the crapper and doesn't want to hear the reasons why it is? This is so obviously a one-sided matter, only one side's interest of concern. It reflects a lack of appreciation for the psycological suffering that has to be felt by the one who has been going down.

Why do these elders have to make themselves so emotionally dead?

When the Org. does this it corrupts the congregations. IF they would be open to talk how different things would be! But this way they are clean, pure and holy--my way or the hiway. The elders have to have new hearts to do this work-- the hearts of butchers.

We who are expelled at least have a chance to recover. They do not.

I forgot--have they been worried about you since? (Mine haven't looked me up)

anyhow, take care

Maeve

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

It's their way..... or the highway.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oubliette - Yes. Passive aggressive is how they are.

Kate - We have all got to escape from the mental chains of the WBT$ mind control. I'm slowly making my way.

Humbled

Why do these elders have to make themselves so emotionally dead?

Because all they do is written down in the 'Flock book(TM)' or is the will of the biggest bully on the BOE. When 2 of them came to say I was DA'd I told them they were just following the WBT$ business model. The lead elder said that it wasn't a business. I replied that it was and I can have any opinion I want on my own property that they had visited without permission.

Gingerbread - The WBT$ road is a highway to ruination.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for posting these again Mr Punk Sir, they really stink with their insincerity, especially that bit at the end about how they would like you back, anyone who has been in the WT for more than five minutes could tell that was formulaic, and that the template for those words was provided by the W.T

They would not know true loving concern if it bit them on the bum.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - I thought the letters were very clinically worded.

That the term ''membership'' was used is very telling.

It is our hope that you will one day join with us in this fine, loving and peaceful association.

That certainly isn't anything like the organization I left!

We hope you are in good health and we look forward to your response.

In other words f*** off!

• jemba
    jemba

Thanks for showing us these insincere letters you recieved from those unloving scumbags. Glad you moved on, I love your posts!

You are one awesome guy Uncy Punky. xxx

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I just love the way they state what a "fine spirit " the cong has, almost like a veiled threat.

"so if you agree to this meeting don't even think about complaining that there is no love in the cong because we are telling

you that there is and we have JHWH's blessing there to prove it"

Like in the novel 1984 "how many fingers am I holding up?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit