The reports of my apostasy have been greatly exaggerated

by sparrowdown 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Nobody has ever, in the history of humankind, been at a loss for thinking too much.

However, as for thinking too little...... 7 million examples come to mind....

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I have a freind that was accused of being "too smart"

My own mother tried to agure the JW point of view quickly gave up and wanted "someone smarter" than her to talk me. Graned my mother is not a deep thinker.

I also know several very intelligent people in the org, I don't understand how they stay in.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Apostate & Ex-Jehovalarious Meme Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/JWmeme/

• KateWild
    KateWild

you have a very clear logical mind and that's never a good thing.- sparrowdown

Haha this is a joke. She is just twisting anything she can to use against you as she has nothing. The litterature prides itself on educating JWs to having clear logical minds. This sister is in fluffy land and doesn't know what she is talking about.

Quite rightly blondie has pointed to a WT that prohibits independent thinking, and states that as dangerous, any type of independence is viewed as sinful as Eve was convicted of being independent.

You are obviously an independent thinker, and that is bad for WT and good for you. Keep on thinking for yourself.

Take care Kate xx

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That's pretty freaking hilarious, she just put it out there that intelligence is a bad thing.

Yeah, don't think too much, that will get you in trouble every time.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"You need to be more like me I don't worry about anything because I don't think about it""

Book "Live Forever" p 33

How should you feel if proof is given that what you believe is wrong? For example, say that you were in a car, traveling for the first time to a certain place. You have a road map, but you have not taken time to check it carefully. Someone has told you the road to take. You trust him, sincerely believing that the way he has directed you is correct. But suppose it is not. What if someone points out the error? What if he, by referring to your own map, shows that you are on the wrong road? Would pride or stubbornness prevent you from admitting that you are on the wrong road? Well, then, if you learn from an examination of your Bible that you are traveling a wrong religious road, be willing to change. Avoid the broad road to destruction; get on the narrow road to life!

Of course, I was forgetting that this only applies to the other religions !

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

This will be my de facto answer going forward to the 'you think too much' statement.

"Apparently, you missed the point of Romans 12:1, 2, Hebrews 5:14 and John 4:1."

Rom 12:1, 2: Therefore, I appeal to you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, a sacred service with your power of reason. And stop being molded by this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Heb 5:14: But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

John 4:1: Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Tell me about it, just when I thought it was safe to reintroduce

NO PANTS SATURDAY

Seriously though, I could never understand how the very practice that they praised me for whilst studying (in this case thinking)

became a no-no once I got baptised.

But then again quite a few things changed after baptism.

I think it's called the ole bait and switch!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

How can one think too much or be too smart? Don't these people know the story of Nazi Germany? The war was not that long ago. I always wondered if regular Germans knew about the camps. They claimed they did not know. I researched the matter some. The camps were not located in only one area. The smell of burning flesh carries for miles. The rail system was used. From my own experience, I know Christopher St. before and after AIDS.

The Witnesses told me to get good grades b/c it made the Witnesses look good. On the other hand, I was not supposed to study b/c field service was more important.

I seem to come upon pockets of people. One area values academic achievement and drive. Travel a little bit down the road, and I can feel the rage against me. I don't see how "reciprocity" and "venal" as words can stir up such wrath.

Abraham Lincoln had a famous saying about pleasing people. It is impossible.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I Have been able to successfully blow off the meetings with a minimum of attention up till now

but this particular bro can smell blood in the water I am almost sure of it.

Me and mine went through a particularly vicious feeding frenzy when my husband was deleted.

(more on that later) he was COBE

IT COULD NOT HAVE HURT MORE IF THEY HAD CUT OUT OUR HEARTS WITH A SPOON!

Ironically I managed to get through that only to be plagued by doubts that these piranas could not possibly be God's people.

"by their fruits you will recognize them" the only fruit coming from these people was cruel and hateful.

I don't owe them anything but I don't wish to be caught up in another witch hunt either.

So at the mo I am treading carefully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit