Whoever Sent me that email about paul?

by U.2.K. 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

ok when they said the last days were coming 'soon' and yet here we are 2000 years later. So my question is what word would Jesus have used if he'd atually meant, well 'soon'?

ven

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Carmel
    Carmel

"As the adherents of Jesus have never understood the hidden meanings of these words, and as the signs which they and the leaders of their Faith have expected have failed to apear, they therefore refused to acknowledge, even until now, the truth of those Manifestations of Holiness that have since the days of Jesus been made manifest. they have thus deprived themselves of the outpourings of God's holy grace, and of the wonders of His divine utterance. Such is their low estate in this, THEE Day of Resurrection! The have even failed to percieve that were the signs of the Manifestation of God in every age to appear in the visible realm in accordance with the text of established traditions, none could possibly deny or turn away, nor would the blessed be distinguished from the miserable, and the transgressor from the God-fearing. Judge fairly: Were the prophecies recorded in the Gospel to be literally fulfilled; were Jesus, Son of Mary, accompanied by angels, to descend from the visible heaven upon the clouds; who would dare to disbeleive, who would dare to reject the truth, and wax disdainful? Nay, such consternation would immediately seize all the dwellers of the earth that no soul would feel able to utter a word, much less to reject or accept the truth. It was owing to their misunderstanding of these truths that many a Christian divine hath objected to Muhammad, and voiced his protest in such words: "If Thou art in truth the promised Prophet, why then art Thou not accompanied by those angels our sacred Books foretold, and which must needs descend with the promised Beauty to assist Him in His Revelation and act as warners unto His people?" Even as the All-Glorious hath recorded their statement: "Why hath not an angel been send down to him, so that he should have been a warner with Him?"

Such objections and differences have persisted in every age and century. the people have always busied themselves with such specious discourses vainly protesting: "Wherefore hath not this or that sign appeared?" Such ills befell them only because they have clung the ways of the divines of the age in which they lived, ..."

cheers U.2.K.

carmel

• Will Power
    Will Power

U2K .... I am not a witness....the last days started in 1914....I am not a witness....my god's name is jehovah....I am not a witness....I'm gonna live forever on earth..... I am not a witness....I will keep my flesh forever....I am not a witness...the world will end next year...I am not a witness....the king is in control right now?...

Hey this is satan's world he is ruling right now are you equating the 2 without knowing it? Yeah you probably are a witness, even if you won't admit it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Whoops,

I forgot to include the proper attribution in my last post. The quote was from the Kitab I Iqan, Boodk of Certitude, by Baha'u'llah.

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit