bible students

by musky 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Kenneson, I went to the site, I see the Dawn magazine logo. Adam Rutherford was a Bible Student, he authored the pyramid books in the 1920s, he's deceased now. He formed the Institute of Pyramidology in the UK, shich folded some years ago. However Fred Binns, a Bible Student has the reminding stock of volumes and offers them. I don't know what his relationship to Squire Books and/or Alexander Winslow is. Fred Binns is a Dawn Pilgrim, and is no doubt promoting the Dawn.

• RR
    RR

Hoo, Magnani wrote a paper called "Charles Taze Russell: Child Molester." A pack of lies.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

RR, I have more questions.

1. You said you converted. What were you before?

2. Were you ever a JW?

3. Do you know of any JW's that converted to Bible Students.

4. I noticed that there are Bible Students in Orlando. Do you know anything about them, also what size group do they have?

5. I did come across a website for International Bible Students Assn., which I assumed was the original. Is that correct?

I have many more, pertaining mostly with doctrine but I will save that for another time. I'll try to do my own research first.

Thanks!

Tweetie

• musky
    musky

Carmel, thanks for your comments

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

As long as we're doing 20 questions, I have one.

What happened to all the copyrights to Charles Russell's works? I heard the Bible Students had the copyrights all these years.

Thanks in advance

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• RR
    RR

Tweetie: RR, I have more questions.

1. You said you converted. What were you before?

Born and raised a Catholic, converted to Jehovah's Witnesses as a young adult.

2. Were you ever a JW?

Yep, for the better part of ten years, although I knew it wasn't perfect, I stayed. I had no plans of leaving, I was content. I re-evaluated myself in the eyes of the Lord and in 1990 I consecrated my life and ran for the prize of the high calling. A few years later, my wife and I left. I had been studying with the Bible Students since 1988, while serving as a Witness. In their eyes, I am inactive.

3. Do you know of any JW's that converted to Bible Students.

Plenty! We have elders, servants, bethelites, pioneers, you name it!

4. I noticed that there are Bible Students in Orlando. Do you know anything about them, also what size group do they have?

Yes, there are approximately 40 memebers in that class, they meet in Casselberry, they have seven elders and 2 deacons, a very active class.

5. I did come across a website for International Bible Students Assn., which I assumed was the original. Is that correct?

Some months ago, there was a website with the url internationalbiblestudents.com, .net and .org, this site was a hoax. The INTERNATIONAL BIBLE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION to my knowledge is still incorporated in the UK by the Society. It is a name although they seldom use, they will never give it up. The Bible Students in Russell's day NEVER went by the name IBSA, that was the incorporated name the Society used. A careful search in the old Watch Towers will show that the congregations went by the name ASSOCIATED BIBLE STUDENTS OF ..... [city/state]. This is true of them today. Many Bible Students class can trace their heritage to the very early days. The class I serve with is the oldest Bible Student class, formed in the 1880s.

• RR
    RR

dung

What happened to all the copyrights to Charles Russell's works? I heard the Bible Students had the copyrights all these years.

Copyrights run out my friend. Which is why, when the Society quotes from older publications such as Russell or Rutherford, you'd never see a footnote stating "published by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society." Russell donated the copyrights to his books to the Society in the 1890s. But the ran out. Proof of this is that in 1922, the Pastoral Bible Institute, a corporation formed by the four ousted directors and some prominent Bible Students published the Divine Plan of the Ages. In 1927, when the Society published the last edition of the volumes, Paul Johnson, asked Rutherford for the original plates so that he could reproduce them, Rutherford replied by smashing the plates. So Johnson went to great extents of reproducing the volumes, and this was accomplished in 1937,he copyrighted his edition. However the Dawn Bible Students Association had already published the volumes in 1931, which they copyrighted. Pastor Russell's writings are public domain now. Although the Laymen's Home Missionary Movement, the Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick, the Dawn Bible Students Association and the Fort Worth Bible Students all published the volumes and hold copyrights. How is this possible? packaging and a different publishers foreword. But the volumes are the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit