My letter to the editor

by larc 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Brian,
    Its o.k.
    I didnt think you meant there was anything wrong with the letter.
    You and Naebs did make a point. Things do blow over. I do believe every life counts. Even if one person reads it and it made them think twice about studying or answering the door and accepting a watchtower then it helped at least one person.

ballistic posted this article on his recent thread.
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/dynamic/news/top_story.html?in_review_id=290588&in_review_text_id=235269

If my grandfather would have read this article before he went into surgery he may be still alive today.

• larc
    larc

I agree with those who write that if it only helps one person, it is worth it. It only takes a few minutes to send an email letter to the editor, and I think it is worth the time.

I bet that hundreds in my area will read it, and it is one more step in helping innoculate the public from the influence of the JWs. If lots of you folks do this in lots of cities, many thousands of people will be exposed to this information.

PS,

In my local paper, they require your name, city, and phone number. They don't print your phone number, but by giving it, this may prompt a curious reporter to call for further information. I assume that if you are concerned about having your name in the paper, that you can request that it not be printed. In my case, I don't really care, but I know that some of you do for very valid reasons.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I sent mine in about an hour ago to our local paper which ran the AP story. I have no illusions that this is going to bring down the WTS. However, hopefully, my voice will be heard by a few if it is printed.

Andee

• Imbue
    Imbue

Naebs of course it will blow over...but now there is mainstream documentaion to point to and not apostate sources alone. Made my day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

To all,
    The story also ran in our local paper, buried on page 5 of section B.
    I agree with Naeb and Imbue, it will probably quietly blow over, for now. But like the recent barage of articles regarding the Catlick priests, other stories are sure to surface. Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg. Any long journey begins with the first step, look at it as a first step in exposing all that you folks have endured. Write your local paper, let your voices be heard. Don't let it blow over! There is strength in numbers.

Mark

• larc
    larc

I brought this back up top, because Venice is collecting emails for various newspapers, so I thought that this would be relevant for those of you who haven't seen it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit