Standing on Street Corners, Counting Time - the Impotent Future of Preaching

by passwordprotected 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Joe Grundy: Me too. I have talked to quite a few prostitutes myself (D2D work and after I left) and it is true. No beating around the bushes.

Calebs Airplane: Reminds me of this guy - laziest soldier EVER (actually he might have a point, probably he needs the support because of the recoil or to have better aim or he is just a good candidate for street "witnessing" ;-)

Shooter

• steve2
    steve2

At least street preachers of old had the courage of their convictions to arrest the attention of passersby with the urgent message of salvation. Man, you felt the heat - even if you didn't see the light!

On the other hand, I empathize with the worn-out Witnesses: If we're into the 100th year of the time of the end, why not park yourself on some comfy chair and let the literature cart "do" the witnessing work for you - not that anyone would notice. Seated and tuned out, you can always turn your mind to lofty spiritual things like dreaming of attending the special 125th year of the time of the end in 2039 - that is, if you haven't expired in the meantime from boredom.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Maybe they're hoarding cash to buy Asimo to "man" the carts.

• prologos
    prologos

all the people in their chairs are 'aiming high'.

in time will sink low.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's true. The old time zeal seems to have gone. No more debating with theologians. No more engaging in theological discussions. It's now 'we just know it's the truth(R) and don't need to know why.'

The WBT$ is doing nothing....zero....to really promote their version of truth in a proactive way. Still the same old cult nonsense.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i saw 4 dubs round a cart in newport--i o wight UK on wednesday----i must take a photo on my phone next time. then i will smile at them--and say " do you mind if i post this on JWN--?"...and see how they react.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit