Standing on Street Corners, Counting Time - the Impotent Future of Preaching

by passwordprotected 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

You see them all over the place now, 2 or 3 of them standing near a portable display of Bible-based literature, chatting to each other. Counting time.

I've seen them in London, Glasgow and Cluj (Romania). The portable display is always the same. Their behaviour is always the same. The effectiveness at reaching the globe with the good news of the kingdom is always the same.

The other consistent element is that I've never once seen anyone approach them to discuss their Bible-based literature, nor have I ever seen them seek to engage any passerby.

For example, 2 weeks ago I was approaching Unirii Square in Cluj-Napoca, and there they were, right on the corner of the busy thorough-fare. It was a Sunday afternoon, the sun was out and people were milling around with their kids like in any European town on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The portable display stand was stood a few metres away from the wall of the building they were standing in front of, the "they" being two JW women in their late 20s and one older JW man.

My companion jokingly pointed over to them and said in English "he used to be one of yours", refering to me. We both chuckled. The JWs looked over at us, then quickly looked away again. No effort was made by them to engage us in conversation or even to return our smiles. They quickly went back to talking to each other. Ignoring us.

Folks, we've seen the future of the JW worldwide preaching campaign. And its even more ineffective than it was before. Praise Jah, you people...

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

The arrangements they have is not to talk to people unless they come up and are interested. For anyone who has lots of questions, they are invited for a bible study and the two brothers "guarding" on the sides could talk to them or take them to the stand. They stands are only really to give out only the magazine and books. I don't really know how affective this is, though from the Kingdom Hall, they sometimes say that they give out a lot. Whenever I see the stands, I don't really see anyone coming around that much. This is coming from the US but I expect the arrangements to be the same everywhere.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I see them when I go to work.just chewing the fat, looking like cows in a field.

I feel like telling them I'm an apostate just to see their reaction.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What a far cry from the days when we were proper Street Preachers ! I have had discussions on the street with all sorts of people, from the most ordinary to high ranking Clergy, even pressing the MagRags on them, also playing Bible ping-pong with them as we sparred over the Trinity etc.

We used to charge for the Mags in those days, a Clergyman always got them at Trade Price from me LOL

I look back with shame at how ignorant I really was about what the Bible really says, but we were without doubt of much higher calibre as Evangelisers than they are today.

That Trolley "work" is frankly pathetic , and simply a way of keeping Dubs busy, and not getting discouraged, as H to H is mainly knocking on doors that will never be opened.

Good to see you posting again occasionally PWP ! I always enjoyed your posts, even when you were a pain in the arse believer !

• carla
    carla

What do they have to say about -

Matthew 6:5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the person I see most taking the litertrash is me ! so it can be binned as quickly as possible, I've been paying quite a lot of attention to this stupid racks and I've yet to see anyone take anything

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

the future:

- publishers perform short (1 or 2 minutes) offers on the doors - giving the householder a tract or a small business card with QR-Code or JW.ORG

- pioneers have the portable display - also with the goal, that interested people come to JW.ORG

- interested people will ask for a "study" through jw.org

- pioneers or other "high performers" in the congregation will handle the "studies"

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, they just stand or sit without approaching or talking with anyone, unless approached. I had asked some that I know if they will now do away with the D2D 'ministry' and was told "Never!"

Me: "Well, isn't the end coming...soon?"

_____

Where's the URGENCY in the message?

Isn't the world GOING TO END?

The year is 2014!!!

____

Right now, they are very excited about the August campaign of sharing the jw.org website (internet good, no longer satanic.)with householders.

Yes, excited, now. Twenty years ago, not so much. (Internet was bad) The heck with the 'URGENCY'.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder how many HH's will be smart enough before long when a JW calls to say:

"Thank you for calling, but you need not do so again, I can always log on to JW.org if I require anything, Goodbye".

• wasblind
    wasblind

Phizzy

They need not to do so again after the House Holder run across JWN.NET, JWFACTS, and Free Minds

That's only three out of many other sites

that show the TTATT

Watchtower Society Beware

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit